By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Check out this permaban

Being perma banned isn't fun. Trust me . Though what happens if I crash the site causing it to erase everything and all its data and stuff. Meaning there was a never a VGchartz. What will they do to me. My account was erased and so was my IP. I smell a evil plan

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Oyv got banned because he was trying to break the website. Posting large quantities of crap that cause problems. The people who work hard to build this website don't appreciate people spamming crap all over the place trying to break it (or even just trying to break it). If you want to be a debugger, then join the team, don't just abuse the website, as you'll just tick people off.

As for that ban, it was for every IP he used. Anyeone who get's IP banned, gets 1 ban for every IP. He was probably behind a proxy, he surfed from school and friends houses, but even I do that and only have like 20 listed.

Right, I'm not sure about this, but I think you're at least partially incorrect.

Unless my memory fails me, I wasn't "spamming crap all over the place", I checked how long a user-review could be. It turned out there was no limit, and I retardedly enough posted it. Well deserving of a ban, no doubt, but it's not the same as "trying to break the website". I did something completely retarded without thinking about the consequences - that's not the same as trying to break the site.

And for the record, I wasn't behind a Proxy. I'm not even sure how I "avoided" the IP ban, but I believe it had something to do with my IP changing whenever my router reset (which happened quite a bit, as I live in a thunderstormy-loved area).

If there's something more to it than this, I'd actually like to know, so I don't repeat any of my mistakes.

Pineapple said:
nordlead said:
Oyv got banned because he was trying to break the website. Posting large quantities of crap that cause problems. The people who work hard to build this website don't appreciate people spamming crap all over the place trying to break it (or even just trying to break it). If you want to be a debugger, then join the team, don't just abuse the website, as you'll just tick people off.

As for that ban, it was for every IP he used. Anyeone who get's IP banned, gets 1 ban for every IP. He was probably behind a proxy, he surfed from school and friends houses, but even I do that and only have like 20 listed.

Right, I'm not sure about this, but I think you're at least partially incorrect.

Unless my memory fails me, I wasn't "spamming crap all over the place", I checked how long a user-review could be. It turned out there was no limit, and I retardedly enough posted it. Well deserving of a ban, no doubt, but it's not the same as "trying to break the website". I did something completely retarded without thinking about the consequences - that's not the same as trying to break the site.

And for the record, I wasn't behind a Proxy. I'm not even sure how I "avoided" the IP ban, but I believe it had something to do with my IP changing whenever my router reset (which happened quite a bit, as I live in a thunderstormy-loved area).

If there's something more to it than this, I'd actually like to know, so I don't repeat any of my mistakes.

...!?

Okay, now that I'm over that, I'm pretty sure the IP part was in reference to poolman.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Pineapple said:
nordlead said:

...!?

Okay, now that I'm over that, I'm pretty sure the IP part was in reference to poolman.

Oh, for those who have signatures turned off, I'm Oyvovyoyv.

And yeah, I see that I misread the IP part.

How long has that been in there? I don't normally read signatures so I never even realized it!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

why do all permabans say that will end in july 10th

morenoingrato said:
why do all permabans say that will end in july 10th

Because the Mayans were wrong, they put the day of apocalypse 2 years and a half late, here we know the real truth of when that day will really be thus we make our permabans end the correct day

hatmoza said:
Naz scares the shit out of me!

Same. He's not f*cking around. IP ban and everything.

It sounds like Mr. Awesome's in trouble.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger