By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Natal boost hardware sales ?

Do you guys think Natal will boost the HW sales of the Xbox 360 ?

I doubt it , I think it won't do much and end up as a faillure like Playstation Home .

I don't see people waiting for something like Natal .

I highly doubt it will work well and people acctualy will enjoy it.Becaus when i think of gaming , i don't want to crawl trough our living room pretending i'm Sam Fisher with a fake gun in my hands...  When i think of gaming , i just wan't to sit down in a chair and play a game with a controller in my hand !

It would be cool for mini-games , but that doesn't push sales in my eye.

Excuse me for my bad English .

Around the Network

okay

first of all. how is the playstation home a failure? go on it and tell me how many times u hear the cash sound while in the mall. that sound means something was bought.

i decided to go on it yesterday actaully just to c whats changed. 22 rooms, with like 30 mini games was a fun waste of time. :)

anyways, i think natal will move some software because I know a crazy amount of people who think its revolutionary (even tho its not ) so congrats to microsoft for reinventing the 360 once again. :) (Y)

Choose a user name that isn't synonymous with PS and you might do better next time.

ot, No it won't. Its coming 3rd in line, and following a Wii price cut, so its appearance in the market won't ultimately be perceived unique enough to increase sales. Its still motion control and that's still got Nintendo's brand name all over it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i dont think it will push hardware either

Around the Network

Well let's just put it this way: Sony's third attempt at a successful PS3 motion controller will be a Natal clone.

Natal: Virtual Boy for the 21st century, without the migraine.

Legend11 said:

Well let's just put it this way: Sony's third attempt at a successful PS3 motion controller will be a Natal clone.

There won't actually a third controller at all.................

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Legend11 said:

Sony already developed a 3d camera named ICU with a company from Switzerland. It is the exact same thing as Natal but they showed it first on an non gaming expo in Germany 8 weeks ago. They want to use it for different purposes (one of them is gaming) and if they are going to launch it during the PS3 life time they definetly going to market this stereoscopic camera as a gadget. They also said that they have only one chance to sell the product to the market because if its not perfect (in handling) the market will dissmiss the idea.

It will push Hardware but definetly not enough to overtake the PS3 in 2010. Maybe they have a shot at selling the same they were selling in 2008 the Xbox360 peak year. This alone would be big (not big enough for the Ps3,though)

Natal on it's own probably not but since MS will most likely also release a facelift 360 (slim) I think hardware sales will go up next year.