By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

I used to read FMA, but I kind of have a problem with it. I absolutely LOVED the anime, and usually, when the anime and manga are different even just a little (or in this case, completely different storylines), I usually prefer the manga. This isn't the case for FMA so I had trouble keeping up with it. I plan to tackle it again once I can get over the predisposition where I'm convinced it can't be as good as the anime. It seems very good though, but for some reason, it just nags at me.

Around the Network

h. 571: The Gallows
Cover: Nami

Luffy vs Garp [I'll blow you out of my way] Luffy goes into Gear 2nd and smashes Garp (Garp seems to take the hit deliberately) and is knocked off the bridge.
Luffy arrives at the top of the platform, and attempts to unlock Ace's cuffs, but Kizaru intercepts, knocking the key away with a beam.
Mr. 3, who had disguised himself as an executioner lends a hand to free the locks, but Sengoku finally plays his hand and reveals his ability that makes him grow large (kyojin no mi?)
His appearance is that of a Daibutsu (a large statue(s) of Buddha), he has become huge! Dai-sengoku throws a punch at Luffy, the scaffold collapses bouncing everyone off, Luffy tries to open the cuffs in mid-air (got the key back and/or Mr. 3) the marines concentrate a barrage of fire on them, and from inside a circle of flames appears Ace! Endo.

SPOILERS

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

@ Kamal

I've seen those spoilers a few days ago. It came out really early so there is the possibility that its fake.

It could be, hopefully it isn't this is the story developtment I wanted.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I already finished GTO, i'm now reading a bit of hajimete no ippi.

Around the Network

@ kopstudent89

I heard that Hajime No Ippo is over 800 chapters long. Are you really going to read ALL of that?

I did....

Those spoiler are fake for sure that would been too much awesomeness for a chapter

Kamal said:
I did....

lol is it that good! And well i just kinda liked it so i'll try my best :P

I would recommend watching the anime, as I think it follows the manga faithually, after the first season of anime, then start reading from chapter 182 onwards. The dub is pretty good aswell, but I watch it subbed. Still leaving that option for you.