By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

@ Kamal

Cool! I look forward to it.

Around the Network

The new Fairy Tail chapter is out (it came out early I guess)

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/167-30/1

Awesome chapter. Things are getting good.

(sorry)
JUNJOU ROMANTICA HAS A VOLUME 13!
*FANGIRL SCREAMS ARE HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!*

I really do recommend 20th century boys for anyone who wants to read, truly captivating.
My fa manga has to be: One piece, GTO, 20th cent boys, and One piece. I really want to read new stuff though

kopstudent89 said:
I really do recommend 20th century boys for anyone who wants to read, truly captivating.
My fa manga has to be: One piece, GTO, 20th cent boys, and One piece. I really want to read new stuff though

Read Fullmetal Alchemist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Hunter X Hunter and Naruto. Also, I'm glad to see another GTO fan. Its my favorite manga of all time. Onizuka FTW.

Around the Network
it g-value said:
kopstudent89 said:

Read Fullmetal Alchemist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Hunter X Hunter and Naruto. Also, I'm glad to see another GTO fan. Its my favorite manga of all time. Onizuka FTW.

I did read a bit of the first 3, and well i only watch the naruto anime which is why i didnt put it on the list. And yeah definitely GTO is awesome, thank God that they just recently continued the series with GTO shonan 14 days, though it hasnt really taken off like the original.

And thing is that although FMA and reborn seem good, but i just dont feel like reading more shonan manga especially involving lots of fighting, i already have enough from one piece, bleach, and naruto. I got well into reborn(chpt 120 or somethin), but i just didnt feel like goin on TBH.

PS: u should add Slam dunk to my list, i cant believe i forgot to mention that *looks at avatar*

@ kopstudent89

How far into FMA did you get into? Also, I hope you get into the mood to read shonan manga again. KHR only gets better as you go on (its one of my favorite manga) and Hunter X Hunter (from what I've read so far) is really awesome as well. I recommend you read Monster or Pluto as well (I have yet to read those but I've heard ALOT of great stuff about it).

@kopstudent89
My personal favorites are OP, HxH, Ubel Blatt, Id, and 1/2 Prince. Ubel Blatt and Id blow Naruto/Bleach out of the water imo. The Breaker is a close 6th.

I read manga, manhua, manhwa, everything that I find that I like. I read pretty much a little of every genre.

Some good non-battle stuff I like includes Alive - The Final Evolution (horror/shounen), Kurosagi (very cool, but updates are rare, a few more were just released though so I am hopefully), and Detective Conan (long but good, like 720 chapter now I think?).

Even some shoujo is good; I recently read Glass Mask which was pretty interesting, but maybe that's because I have many small-time actor/actress friends, but the story is pretty good. Oh, and Bakuman/Hikaru no Go/Death Note (as in the main stuff Obata Takeshi did art for) are some other great non-battle shounen stuff.

I've probably read a good 150ish different series at this point, and that's not including one-shots, or anything with only maybe 1-10 chapters total/released. That would bring the number closer to 400-500.

Mmm i've read 18 chapters into FMA, it seems ok and i'm sure the story becomes better and better, but it just didnt get me goin.

And i've also heard good things about Pluto(plus the artist and writer is the same as 20th century boys), but i guess i was too busy enjoying GTO to read other stuff :P

kopstudent89 said:
Mmm i've read 18 chapters into FMA, it seems ok and i'm sure the story becomes better and better, but it just didnt get me goin.

And i've also heard good things about Pluto(plus the artist and writer is the same as 20th century boys), but i guess i was too busy enjoying GTO to read other stuff :P

Yeah, the beginning of FMA was pretty weak, but it gets much better later on. The latest arc that FMA is in is completely EPIC!!!! I can't get enough of it. It has had so many memorable moments. Try to read FMA as well as Reborn! as soon as you can (both are some of my favorite mangas). You must first finish the AWESOMENESS that is GTO though. That comes first.