By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

ShadowSoldier said:
r505Matt said:

That's because it's Bleach, and if you skip 90% of the dialogue, you don't miss out on anything. 

Thats always annoyed me about Bleach. The fact that there is so little dialogue. Naruto was a good set-up chapter this week.

You mean so little meaningful dialogue. There's dialogue in there, but it's akin to DBZ's "His power level is over 9000!" type of stuff. Most of the dialogue during fights are just each person talking about how he/she is the best ever and he/she could never possibly lose, followed by one of them saying "How can this be!" and then showing a story of their sad past that brought them to where they are, as if trying to justify their personal beliefs of justice. 

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

That's because it's Bleach, and if you skip 90% of the dialogue, you don't miss out on anything. 

That was kinda my point there. :P

and btw, I just found a new manga called Gamaran.

I recommend it if you're into Samurais and lots of violence/gore.

http://www.onemanga.com/Gamaran/

check it out guys.

Haha yup, I read Gamaran, it's pretty good.

If anyone wants an manga orientated about Samurai's just read Vagabond, fantastic read about trial and trabulations.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Manga Sales in Japan (for 2010 only):

1 - One Piece (15,220,095 copies) 
2 - Naruto (4,178,597 copies)
3 - Fairy Tail (3,616,942 copies)
4 - Fullmetal Alchemist (3,169,048 copies)
5 - Nodame Cantabile (3,029,300 copies)
6 - Bleach (2,626,932)
7 - Kimi No Todoke (2,533,556)
8 - Gintama (2,376,060)
9 - Reborn (2,083,508)
10 - Bakuman (1,574,448)

Around the Network

Great suprise Fairy Tail destroying Bleach and Reborn!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

So I've been reading this manga Eden: It's an Endless World, it's pretty good. Another one that's hard to explain without giving things away, but prologue aside, it takes place 20 years after the outbreak of a virus that kills off 15% of the human population. The story is filled with drama, action, violence, gore, and intrigue. Great story so far though, I'm almost done.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/88415087/1

I LOVE Fairy Tail <3

FT is good, but this week's HSDK blows it out of the water. All these big fights are JUST about to go down.

Kind of a shame to see FMA end, but I guess it's about time. Hopefully Arakawa's next manga ends up interesting...

My favorite chapter this week is probably Bakuman, I'm liking the development. Wheels are in motion!