By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

Kamal said:
Mr Khan said:

^^ At least Oda's starting to send that arc somewhere interesting. I raged a good bit the past few weeks because i thought we were going into some sort of Luffy/Ace fluff arc. Though this whole proceeding is still making me angry, as he's avoiding pushing the story ahead.

I think what Oda is trying to do with this arc has way more to do with Sabo then Ace, as you can see how his schema is being set by the Nobles in the Kingdom and what he has learnt in Trash island.

I really can't wait to see what Dragon is going to do, hopefully Iva-chan is with him.

You finally catched up huh, how well are you faring with the anime?

I've scaled back to 1 episode a week (my daily anime this summer is going to be both Queen's Blade and Ah My Goddess), so i'm slowly plodding through Shabody and the terrible crew break-up.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kamal said:
Mr Khan said:

^^ At least Oda's starting to send that arc somewhere interesting. I raged a good bit the past few weeks because i thought we were going into some sort of Luffy/Ace fluff arc. Though this whole proceeding is still making me angry, as he's avoiding pushing the story ahead.

I think what Oda is trying to do with this arc has way more to do with Sabo then Ace, as you can see how his schema is being set by the Nobles in the Kingdom and what he has learnt in Trash island.

I really can't wait to see what Dragon is going to do, hopefully Iva-chan is with him.

I've scaled back to 1 episode a week (my daily anime this summer is going to be both Queen's Blade and Ah My Goddess), so i'm slowly plodding through Shabody and the terrible crew break-up.

Please let yourself go through such travesties!

Also wondering whats your favorite arc anc character now?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
Mr Khan said:
Kamal said:
Mr Khan said:

Please let yourself go through such travesties!

Also wondering whats your favorite arc anc character now?

Queen's Blade i'm mostly done with, and it really has proven to be quite good beyond being just an Ecchi series. I came for the Echi-ness, but i stayed for the likable characters. You can really root for Reina, similar to what made Naruto so appealing early on, about a lovable loser finding their own strength and beating the odds, and all of the characters are rather well-defined.

My opinions on character and ark haven't really changed, since i haven't been introduced to too too many new characters. Though Trafalgar Law seems interesting.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

r505Matt said:
So I just found a funny little manga called Yotsubato! It's a slice of life about a strange little 6 year old girl, and she's very odd and interesting. I usually get very bored with slice of life but the girl and her father/neighbors are just absolutely silly, and it's hilarious. It just ousted GTO as the 3rd funniest manga I've ever read; it's pure silly humor.

Ooh, glad you liked it. My avatar on this site used to be Yotsuba, kept it for a while. Fun stuff.

Gonna try Id in a bit, I actually tried reading it earlier but couldn't find a good place to read it, on top of being a little turned off by the art. Hopefully it'll grow on me...

I read most of SAO as well, but never finished it. It was okay, but I'd rather try something new.

The Perfect Crime thing in Bakuman reminds me of the movie Amélie, since I've watched it so many times recently. Wish we could see more of the manga they were making, seems kinda cool.

c0rd said:
r505Matt said:
So I just found a funny little manga called Yotsubato! It's a slice of life about a strange little 6 year old girl, and she's very odd and interesting. I usually get very bored with slice of life but the girl and her father/neighbors are just absolutely silly, and it's hilarious. It just ousted GTO as the 3rd funniest manga I've ever read; it's pure silly humor.

Ooh, glad you liked it. My avatar on this site used to be Yotsuba, kept it for a while. Fun stuff.

Gonna try Id in a bit, I actually tried reading it earlier but couldn't find a good place to read it, on top of being a little turned off by the art. Hopefully it'll grow on me...

I read most of SAO as well, but never finished it. It was okay, but I'd rather try something new.

The Perfect Crime thing in Bakuman reminds me of the movie Amélie, since I've watched it so many times recently. Wish we could see more of the manga they were making, seems kinda cool.

The art changes a little over time, but not too too much. Personally, I love the art, and in terms of battle scenes, the art is easily my favorite among all battle manga.

Actually, I hated OP's art at first. I tried to read OP maybe 6 times before I just went through with it, and I'm sooo glad I did. 

Around the Network

The new Naruto, Bleach & One Piece chapters are out

Naruto Chapter 497

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/69878488/1

Bleach Chapter 406

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/29570862/1

One Piece Chapter 587

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94012201/1

Naruto Chapter 497 was the best one for me. Naruto and the 9-Tails finally fought. Naruto was owning him until the 9-Tails cheated and transplanted it's hatred into him.

How was it cheating? Since thats the name of the game either you overcome the nine tails or he is going to overcome you. Nice to see kushina having a role in Naruto's development

Bleach, meh.

As usual One piece takes its place, great character development. Hopefully Sabo finally departs without any interference from the Tenyrubito.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

@ Kamal

I know. I meant that the 9-Tail only overcame Naruto because of his hatred and without it, Naruto would have completely owned him.

Kamal said:

How was it cheating? Since thats the name of the game either you overcome the nine tails or he is going to overcome you. Nice to see kushina having a role in Naruto's development

Bleach, meh.

As usual One piece takes its place, great character development. Hopefully Sabo finally departs without any interference from the Tenyrubito.

Well I do admit that kushina taking part in naruto's development is interesting, there is one small thing that's bugging me. What the hell is she doing inside naruto with the Kyuubi? why is she there in the first place?

I thought the 4th hokage was the only one able to seal a part of his soul/chakra inside naruto's seal, can she do that too? way to shoehorn an interesting character to the plot Kishimoto.

g-value said:

@ Kamal

I know. I meant that the 9-Tail only overcame Naruto because of his hatred and without it, Naruto would have completely owned him.

Thats what it's meant to represent Naruto's Light Vs Nine tails Dark, who will overcome who.

I have no idea where she came, hopefully it will be explained next issue.