By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

Yeah, Bakuman was good! I'm starting to get into it a bit more. At first I felt very underwhelmed (by their choice in what kind of manga to make), but it seems to be a lot better than I thought it would be.

Around the Network

Just finished reading the final chapter of FMA and I've gotta say that I feel a bit sad that FMA ended.  Arakawa did a good job on wrapping up the series. overall, great ending to a great series. I definetely can't wait for her next work.

Finally read FMA, wow it was great! As I said before, I was kind of avoiding it for a while because I LOVED the anime (one of the only animes I'd actually watch right now, and yes, I know about Brotherhood now), but I'm glad I finally checked it out.

And OP will finally start to get somewhere again. I'm never a fan of long flashbacks, especially 5 chapters long -.- so I'm glad we're back in the present.

I miss HxH =(

Lets get this thread started again, don't really want to post links since most of you probably looked up at the latest updates.

Minato has shown us why he is the 4th Hokage, still can't believe that Madara defeats him in the end.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

w00t. Crew reunion is getting started on One Piece again. I'm trying not to follow it, though, so that i don't end up obsessing about it (i got more productive stuff to do than get sucked into the weekly cycle of constant teasing from these authors)

Damn am i psyched, though. The mystery of how they're going to retrieve some of them (especially Nami), as well as where Robin ran off to with the Revolutionaries is going to kick ass.

I am going to break some skulls if Oda derails the reunion somehow, though. X<

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'm sad about MangaToshokan =( it's only a matter of time before OneManga and Mangafox and the rest all also follow suit as well.

r505Matt said:

I'm sad about MangaToshokan =( it's only a matter of time before OneManga and Mangafox and the rest all also follow suit as well.

Did they get slapped around for copyright infringement or something? If so i wouldn't worry. These things tend to go in cycles. One specific site gets hammered pretty hard and loses a lot of their uploads and links and such, but they'll eventually come back. Maybe.

Mr Khan said:

w00t. Crew reunion is getting started on One Piece again. I'm trying not to follow it, though, so that i don't end up obsessing about it (i got more productive stuff to do than get sucked into the weekly cycle of constant teasing from these authors)

Damn am i psyched, though. The mystery of how they're going to retrieve some of them (especially Nami), as well as where Robin ran off to with the Revolutionaries is going to kick ass.

I really think after the reunion it will focus heavily on Dragon vs the Gorosei!

The blank century what is it really?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
Mr Khan said:

I really think after the reunion it will focus heavily on Dragon vs the Gorosei!

The blank century what is it really?

Doubtlessly it has to do with whatever the World Government did to become the World Government. Probably something a bit more complex and nasty than a group of Kings coming together and deciding that they needed effective central oversight. The question is exactly what horrors were unleashed to get the job done.

Mr Khan said:
r505Matt said:

Did they get slapped around for copyright infringement or something? If so i wouldn't worry. These things tend to go in cycles. One specific site gets hammered pretty hard and loses a lot of their uploads and links and such, but they'll eventually come back. Maybe.

You haven't heard? About a week ago, all the big publishers banded together to fight online mangaviewers. MangaToshokan, OneManga, and Mangafox specifically are all targetted, and MangaToshokan just responded first. They just removed about 80-85% of their library with a clear message that they won't be trying to get it back.

Here's a quote:

A spokesperson said that “we are left with no other alternative but to take aggressive action. It is our sincere hope that offending sites will take it upon themselves to immediately cease their activities. Where this is not the case, however, we will seek injunctive relief and statutory damages.” The group is also aggressively reporting violations to the “federal authorities, including the anti-piracy units of the Justice Department, local law enforcement agencies and FBI.”

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/copyright/article/43437-japanese-u-s-manga-publishers-unite-to-fight-scanlations.html