By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot Game of the Year Award 2009

axumblade said:
I loved Uncharted 2 but the hype that annoys me. Its a great game but its not the only amazing game this year for Sony.

Another example of a game getting kind of screwed over by Uncharted 2 is Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time. Critics actually sited that its graphics lokk inferior to Uncharted 2 and took points off for it. Why compare the two? R&C was like a Pixar movie whereas Uncharted 2 was supposed to look real. They shouldn't have even been compared imo.

i actually thought Ratchet and Clank ACiT is the best looking game this year. >_>

i know Uncharted is more detailed but it wasn't as big of a scale as Ratchet and Ratchet was like you said a Pixar movie.

here is what i think

KZ2 best graphicallly (Technically / Shadowing / Lightning  )

Ratchet best graphically (Scale / Color/ monster Animations)

Uncharted best graphically (Textures / human Animations / character modeling / Snow (lol?) )

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:
outlawauron said:
I like Bacon said:
Severance said:
I like Bacon said:
Never even heard of Demon Souls.

NSMBW is my GotY.

serious? O_o

of course I'm serious. I don't follow PS3 and/or 360 games. I only own a Wii and a DS. I love Nintendo and its games.

So? I mean, you're on a video game message board. Even before I owned a DS, I still kept up with the games.

So what? I will never own a 360 or a PS3. They are not worth the purchase due to my taste in gaming. I do keep up with Nintendo games and games on Nintendo platforms.

:3

EDIT.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

looks like best games was on ps3 this year, i cant see that changing next year

with mag, heavy rain, star ocean international, god of war, last rebelion 3d dot, yakuza 3, yakuza 4 japan, gt5, mod nation racers plus the gem wand and many other unnanounced titles, not to mention a possible twisted metal sequel, resistance sequel.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I like Bacon said:
outlawauron said:
I like Bacon said:
Severance said:
I like Bacon said:
Never even heard of Demon Souls.

NSMBW is my GotY.

serious? O_o

of course I'm serious. I don't follow PS3 and/or 360 games. I only own a Wii and a DS. I love Nintendo and its games.

So? I mean, you're on a video game message board. Even before I owned a DS, I still kept up with the games.

So what? I will never own a 360 or a PS3. They are not worth the purchase due to my taste in gaming. I do keep up with Nintendo games and games on Nintendo platforms.

:3

edit: I'm not trying to feel special or anything like that. People tend to misunderstand me when I talk, in real life and on the internet. but oh well. I'm sorry if anyone felt like I was attacking the other consoles, because I wasn't. I would never do that and that would make me a fanboy, which I don't consider myself. I don't care for fanboys at all. (anyway, merry christmas! XP)

Well, it just seems kinda silly saying that they don't have any games that fit your tastes if you have no idea on what games release for the console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Omg! Demon's Souls won xD I haven't seen this thread before, so I went up and created a Demon's Souls won GOTY in Gamespot by mistake :P

Congratulations to Demon's Souls and a huge fan appreciation to From Software for creating one of the best RPG experiences ever made. Personally, this game is the best PS3 i've played so far, and it will take something extraordinary to top it.

I really hope that it gets more and more recognition, thus showing that it's not only the big name games that must get credit, and that gaming genius is present everywhere ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Well deserved.

Wow those are some rediculous comments on the gamespot goty page. Butthurt much?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Noone actually expected DS could won any award really. Even the Japanese players are happy with the award, and started to bash famitsu for giving it 29/40 lol. Anyway, well deserved, the game is addictive...

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

lestatdark said:
Omg! Demon's Souls won xD I haven't seen this thread before, so I went up and created a Demon's Souls won GOTY in Gamespot by mistake :P

Congratulations to Demon's Souls and a huge fan appreciation to From Software for creating one of the best RPG experiences ever made. Personally, this game is the best PS3 i've played so far, and it will take something extraordinary to top it.

I really hope that it gets more and more recognition, thus showing that it's not only the big name games that must get credit, and that gaming genius is present everywhere ;)

i agree! i hope it gets more popular it deserves every sale.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
lestatdark said:

i agree! i hope it gets more popular it deserves every sale.

I think that Sony could do the right thing here and publish this game here in Europe, since it's trully a shame that us European gamers are missing out from this game (even though I got the game on a store who does imports, but for 72€ xD)

Also, I hope this leads to From Software to even surpass themselves and blow our minds away if they ever do a Demon's Souls 2 :D 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Skeeuk said:
looks like best games was on ps3 this year, i cant see that changing next year

with mag, heavy rain, star ocean international, god of war, last rebelion 3d dot, yakuza 3, yakuza 4 japan, gt5, mod nation racers plus the gem wand and many other unnanounced titles, not to mention a possible twisted metal sequel, resistance sequel.

That's very subjective, just because Gamespot likes it it doesnt mean that PS3 have the best games. I dont really think it has better titles for 2010 than 360 or a Wii.

I really want to play that Demon Souls game tho