By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - KH3 announcement just day away as KH BBS releases?

Buzzi said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
Buzzi said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
If it will be a Wii exclusive, I will no longer support the franchise and make up the ending in my head!

On the other hand I will do the exact opposite: I started getting interested in the series, and after 358/2 days on DS will play Chain of memories and will try to borrow a ps2 to play KH 1 and 2...but if KH3 is announced for PS3 I'm going to leave this idea...

It seems that ps3 is the obvious chose, but I still hope will be atleast multiplat on Wii, it doesn't need a great graphic to be a great game, and SE is able to use the Wii properly, and has too few games for it...I hope the next SE game will not be DQX :(

Did you not read my second post?

It shouldn't matter what console its on, as long as the game is of the best quality.

It's not a bad thing to think a game should be on one specific platform. I would never like a KH3 on ps3 because I know I would never play it. I think some games can be great regardless the platform, and I believe KH is one of this, because on the DS it is great and on Wii SE can do a better job than on PS2-PSP considering Wii's power. But as someone said, it's not gonna be multiplat on all consoles, in could be either PS3 exclusive or HD exclusive or Wii Exclusive IMO.

You won't play it because you don't have a PS3 or...? If so I fully understand.

I saved my ass off to get all systems so I didn't have to worry about exclusivity problems, I know it can be hell for others who don't own them all.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
Buzzi said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
Buzzi said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
If it will be a Wii exclusive, I will no longer support the franchise and make up the ending in my head!

On the other hand I will do the exact opposite: I started getting interested in the series, and after 358/2 days on DS will play Chain of memories and will try to borrow a ps2 to play KH 1 and 2...but if KH3 is announced for PS3 I'm going to leave this idea...

It seems that ps3 is the obvious chose, but I still hope will be atleast multiplat on Wii, it doesn't need a great graphic to be a great game, and SE is able to use the Wii properly, and has too few games for it...I hope the next SE game will not be DQX :(

Did you not read my second post?

It shouldn't matter what console its on, as long as the game is of the best quality.

It's not a bad thing to think a game should be on one specific platform. I would never like a KH3 on ps3 because I know I would never play it. I think some games can be great regardless the platform, and I believe KH is one of this, because on the DS it is great and on Wii SE can do a better job than on PS2-PSP considering Wii's power. But as someone said, it's not gonna be multiplat on all consoles, in could be either PS3 exclusive or HD exclusive or Wii Exclusive IMO.

You won't play it because you don't have a PS3 or...? If so I fully understand.

I saved my ass off to get all systems so I didn't have to worry about exclusivity problems, I know it can be hell for others who don't own them all.

Yes beacuse I don't have a PS3, and I would never spend 299 euros for a console I would use in a bad way (not HD tv, no need of BR player, just a few exclusives I would like to play and the fact I'm a Nintendo supporter :) ).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I think it's for PS3... why would they put a wii game trailer on a PSP game?

In my opinion, this bad-boy can swing either way for the 360 or PS3.

My crazy reason being, it's going to support the Gem or Natal.

What better way for Sony or Microsoft to introduce their 'motion controllers' then with a highly anticipated sequel like KH3.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

phenom08 said:
BMaker11 said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
Xxain said:
KH3 will be on PS3 Tetsuya Nomura has been stalling with spinoffs till PS3 gets a more healthy fanbase... if KH3 was on Wii why not put the secret trailer on DS versions??

A fanbase of 30 million does not justify the amount the Wii has (62 million); that's doubled + 2 of what Sony has.

Kingdom Hearts was not graphic-intensive, mind anyone. It had its own art-style, but it never revolved around graphics. The Wii is 4x as powerful than the PS2 (GCN was 2x). Kingdom Hearts revolved moreso around content, story, and gameplay.

I'm sorry, but what game on the Wii revolves around content, story, and gameplay..other than like Zelda...which would thus make KH3 a perfect fit for the Wii? FFXIII fits that description, but that's not even getting a Wii release. Assassin's Creed? Same. Half-Life? Same. I could go on forever. With regard to graphics...sure it didn't look uber realistic...but it for damn sure was one of the best looking PS2 games (KH2). Everything had the same level of detail (meaning like, character models, cities etc. had the same amount of attention put to it, instead of the character models looking extremely good, but the surrounding areas look kind of bland in comparison ala FF), there was good lip syncing, action was intense, etc. 

@hunter_alien

I know you were joking around, but that statement just irks me to no avail: "this kind of game would be perfect for the Wii". In what sense? Because you swing around a keyblade, or because of the Disney aspect? There are plenty of sword swinging games on the PS3...even the 360, and no one ever said "this game would've been perfect for the Wii". Now the Disney aspect....everyone likes to say "Disney LOVES the Wii". Yet the only Disney games that they have released are those terrible, quick cash ins like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. That's not love...that's the kind of 3rd party support a lot of Wii fans say "The Wii DOES have 3rd party games...3rd party developers just don't 'get' the Wii and therefore don't put any effort into their games". On the flipside, at least Disney tried to make a core game on the PS3/360 with Pure. So what from the Disney aspect makes KH3 a perfect match for the Wii, looking at the past Disney efforts on the Wii?

referring to your comment about "what game on the wii revolves around content, story, and gameplay?" i guess this will be a first now wouldn't it; im sure kh3 on the wii would sell just as much as a kh3 game on the ps3, but im sure the wii version would generate more profit which is why a wii version would make more sense; and just because he believes it would fit perfect with the wii doesn't mean it wouldn't fit on the ps3, calm down its really not that serious

oh yeah epic mickey (if thats the title) is a serious effort by disney thats going on the wii so in other words it seems like disney doesn't care much for the ps3

Technically.....any game would generate more profit on the Wii compared to HD.....but obviosuly developers don't care about that

Around the Network
Soriku said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=96185&page=1&str=1879077608#

No. He's not even working on another KH yet. He said in the latest Famitsu he was too busy with Versus to work on another one now.

@Xxain

Why would a more healthy fanbase be needed when they released FF XIII on the PS3 just fine? And the fact the game won't be here until like 2012 if it even comes out. That isn't something that'd stall them. He's "stalling" because he's been working on the others but they're finished now and he's working on Versus by the same team.

@bmaker

"So what from the Disney aspect makes KH3 a perfect match for the Wii, looking at the past Disney efforts on the Wii?"

Epic Mickey would like a word. Considering it's supposed to be a major game for the company as a whole...but not on the 360/PS3? I wonder why.

Edit: One more thing. All KH games are announced at TGS. A new KH game or KH3 won't be the exception. If you guys are expecting another one now and not at TGS you're gonna be really disappointed. But, as I said with the link, he's not working on another one yet. So that just proves what I'm saying.

Before the game has even released, they said they would think about making a port...just that they wanted to focus on one platform at a time. Also, because of the "unique motion controls" or something like that. With the Wand and Natal coming out next year (which I've stated before I think will fail, but regardless...) they'd have time to integrate those peripherals. Maybe that's why they said "we'll consider it" with regard to the PS3 and 360: because they're simply waiting for them to get motion controls. Speculation, sure....but why else would they out of the blue say "we'll consider a PS3/360 port", with no one questioning them or begging them to do so, and before Epic Mickey even releases on the one platform they ARE focusing on, to boot?

So essentially by taking two things that as of now have no relation whatsoever and then finding your own personal way to connect them, you have been able to cause another "KH3 platform stir". Seriously people this is getting old. Nomura has new projects coming. OH really I would have never guessed that one of the top developers in the industry would be making more games. Kojima is always working on new projects as well but I'm not going to start having Zone of the Enders talks now am I.

Look Kingdom Hearts 3 will eventually come but this is a sad attempt at a connection. Maybe they will show a trailer for it on the PSP version but this is no way to try and rumor it because silly. Nor is it good to try and start the "KH3 platform stir" again. Let's just accept that the game is probably coming but we don't know when and we have absolutely no idea which platform or platforms it'll be on. And if it happens to come on a platform we stated it would be on it was nothing more than a guess and stroke of luck. Think we'd get along a lot better if we left it at that.

I could see KH3 being a PS3 exclusive and also them bringing both KH1/2 out aka GoW Collection. This would be awesome (highly unlikely but It would be awesome :)

There is the likely nature that the devs are happy keeping the KH series on the handhelds, as the style of game doesn't require the processing power that the HD consoles offer. If they brought it to the home consoles, it'd be in their best interest to release it on all 3 systems to expand the fanbase.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

hatmoza said:
In my opinion, this bad-boy can swing either way for the 360 or PS3.

My crazy reason being, it's going to support the Gem or Natal.

What better way for Sony or Microsoft to introduce their 'motion controllers' then with a highly anticipated sequel like KH3.

That would be the worst thing that I could ever imagine happening.

With those peripherals in their prototype stages we could have a KH (in this case) with a terrible and untested control scheme. Many games that were availanle when the Wii launched (and even today) do not utilize the motion controls properly. In fact, motion controls are the most difficult aspect of Wii development.

Couple the untested control scheme with Kingdom Hearts' already imperfect camera setup and you have a recipe for total disaster.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."