By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - KH3 announcement just day away as KH BBS releases?

bump

Around the Network

They should do a KH colection like the God of War one :D

dunno001 said:
onikenshi said:
BrandonM said:
Final Fantasy XIII 1.5M first week sales is a FLOP compared to other PS FF games even FF X-2 out sold it:p

OOOOhhhhhh and DQS on the Wii the the best selling DQ spinoff and they were only looking at least 500k;)

And YES High School Musical and Hannah Montana games are bought by the SAME KIDS that will by KH.:)

Not a flop at all, especially given the fact that it nearly hit a 50% install base in that country. Second, 500k for DQ which japan eats up on an install base that is closing in on 10 million vs PS3 that hasn't even hit 5million? Yup, THAT is a flop. I don't know about Japan, but in the US alot of the demographic for the other KH's in the series have been older than the "kids", hence why it was a surprise hit, with lots assuming that only a buncha little kids would buy the 1st KH, and look how that turned out :).

Sorry, but Brandon's right. Given what S-E has stated they expect of FF13 (to outsell 7), the game is a flop thus far. This could be reversed if the game turns out to have long legs, but the FF series is not known for them.

As for attach rate, that's not what makes S-E money. Which would you rather sell, 2 million on a base of 3 million, or 5 million on a base of 50 million? The first has a great attach rate, but the second one makes a lot more money. And thus now, I start looking at the numbers themselves. Sure, FF13 still outsold DQSwords by 3:1 thus far. This is actually a rather poor ratio for comparing a mainline big name game to a spinoff of another big name. DQSwords got a bit of advertising, and was released. FF13 got a large marketing campaign, had a much larger budget, and in general, had much higher expectations. In terms of raw profit, we don't have enough numbers to say which actually makes more money, but I can state that DQSwords made a much better return on investment, even when moved to a 4:1 ratio. (Sorry, but it shows how the difference in cost is much more than 4:1.)

Even though I am not keen of FF XIII, it is far from a flop sales wise, considering how big the install base is there, also FF XIII seem to be holding at a stable rate right now, if the game is going to sell well, I bet it will sell really well in Europe and NA because the game is more western favoured

Finally not even I think it will outsell FF VII and that is x360 and PS3 sales combined, it does not mean it is a flop it just means that it is just not as good as FF VII.

I wonder how many sales a FF VII Remake would sell lol (loads and loads no doubt).

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

WIzarDE said:

Great Idea!!!

Put a Kingdom Hearts Collection out to get the user base awareness up than talk to Nintendo to get them to publish it in the US and EU (like with MH3) than release it later on Wii.

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
WIzarDE said:

Great Idea!!!

Put a Kingdom Hearts Collection out to get the user base awareness up than talk to Nintendo to get them to publish it in the US and EU (like with MH3) than release it later on Wii.

I would buy a limited edition of the conllection in that case! This is exactly what SE should do if they want KH3 on Wii...and it won't flop, there are so many fans and so many Wiis around...and the series is beautiful!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
jneul said:
dunno001 said:
onikenshi said:
BrandonM said:
Final Fantasy XIII 1.5M first week sales is a FLOP compared to other PS FF games even FF X-2 out sold it:p

OOOOhhhhhh and DQS on the Wii the the best selling DQ spinoff and they were only looking at least 500k;)

And YES High School Musical and Hannah Montana games are bought by the SAME KIDS that will by KH.:)

Not a flop at all, especially given the fact that it nearly hit a 50% install base in that country. Second, 500k for DQ which japan eats up on an install base that is closing in on 10 million vs PS3 that hasn't even hit 5million? Yup, THAT is a flop. I don't know about Japan, but in the US alot of the demographic for the other KH's in the series have been older than the "kids", hence why it was a surprise hit, with lots assuming that only a buncha little kids would buy the 1st KH, and look how that turned out :).

Sorry, but Brandon's right. Given what S-E has stated they expect of FF13 (to outsell 7), the game is a flop thus far. This could be reversed if the game turns out to have long legs, but the FF series is not known for them.

As for attach rate, that's not what makes S-E money. Which would you rather sell, 2 million on a base of 3 million, or 5 million on a base of 50 million? The first has a great attach rate, but the second one makes a lot more money. And thus now, I start looking at the numbers themselves. Sure, FF13 still outsold DQSwords by 3:1 thus far. This is actually a rather poor ratio for comparing a mainline big name game to a spinoff of another big name. DQSwords got a bit of advertising, and was released. FF13 got a large marketing campaign, had a much larger budget, and in general, had much higher expectations. In terms of raw profit, we don't have enough numbers to say which actually makes more money, but I can state that DQSwords made a much better return on investment, even when moved to a 4:1 ratio. (Sorry, but it shows how the difference in cost is much more than 4:1.)

Even though I am not keen of FF XIII, it is far from a flop sales wise, considering how big the install base is there, also FF XIII seem to be holding at a stable rate right now, if the game is going to sell well, I bet it will sell really well in Europe and NA because the game is more western favoured

Finally not even I think it will outsell FF VII and that is x360 and PS3 sales combined, it does not mean it is a flop it just means that it is just not as good as FF VII.

I wonder how many sales a FF VII Remake would sell lol (loads and loads no doubt).

They're looking to sell more than FF7 and that sold about 10M, and 4 of that 10M come from Japan, the other 3M came from the US with 2.7M from everywhere else. At best it'll sell 2.5M in Japan (best case) that leaves 7.5M left,

even Rounding up the highest FF sales and using the best numbers the US would be at 3.1M and Everywhere else would be at 2.7M with a total of 5.8M plus Japan's 2.5M.....I'll be nice and say 2.6, that's 8.4M........but that's all a best case scenario.

It just seems to me with all the money they lost, and all the hundreds of people they had to fire, and all the years it's been in development it doesn't seem worth it to me:'(.........but hay what do I know:p

Gaming make me feel GOOD!