By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does the Playstation 3 continue to receive poor ports?

coolestguyever said:
3 years in its pretty sad to see bad ports still popping up. I mean the first year it made sense because the PS3 was hard to develop for; but not 3 years in.

And its not like Sega doesn't know how to make games on PS3. They did a nice job with Valkyrie Chronicles.

I don't think it was sega who developed bayonetta...aren't they just publishing it?

I have to agree with the article about getting "ripped off" because that's certainly what bad ports feel like. Ps3 version of bayonetta should start at $40 not $60 like the 360 counterpart but I bet they'll be the same price.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

ahh its good to see that the industry will not take kindly to crappy ports.. and why should we? unless we play less then there should be no reason.

Pock3R said:
gurglesletch said:
Burnout Paradise is superior on the ps3.

yeah every once in awhile a company will reject microsofts offer

I honestly dont think this one has anything to do with M$

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

What I don't understand is why every company doesn't use the PS3 as the lead platform for multiplatform titles. If you don't want to spend the time maximizing the potential of the SPU's and only want to use the raw power of the RSX, then it's just stupid to use the 360 as the lead platform.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

coolestguyever said:
3 years in its pretty sad to see bad ports still popping up. I mean the first year it made sense because the PS3 was hard to develop for; but not 3 years in.

And its not like Sega doesn't know how to make games on PS3. They did a nice job with Valkyrie Chronicles.

Not everyone (or every developer) has developed on the PS3 yet. In 3 years, I've been developing on the same platform at my work. Maybe people get shifted around, maybe key developers left, or budget prevents them from fixing everything. Just because 3 years passed doesn't mean we won't see bad ports.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i gues they feel its the cheapest way for them, imo they should lead on ps3 with 360 in mind and make an identical port to 360. every1 is happy then.

casual purchasers will still buy a shoddy port end of day, i predict bayanetta 2 sell relatively good on ps3, but enthusiasts will steer clear

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk has it right; the biggest problem with "multiplats" is more or less ram control and middleware/game engine. After just playing through Bayonetta's demo the problem with the game is clear: ram allocation. Even though the RSX has access to system ram, it doesn't access it fast enough so you get stuttering problems which is what I noticed in Bayonetta. And the horrible loading is due to that ram problem. Makes me wonder why Sega didn't do a harddrive install which would have fixed a lot of problems with the game. Ultimately, I figured all the games in most dev's pipelines were done with starting on the 360 and moving to the PS3 but I guess I'm wrong.  Oh and Skeeuk is right because devs should start on the PS3 to deal with ram/shader issues and keep in mind the 360 so they don't tax the cpu.

wow your complaining that the ps3 receives poor ports? haven't you seen our wii ports? lol

The Wii has it much worse. The ps3 gets the occasional shoddy port, but that's preferable to "test" games and 2nd and 3rd tier efforts. And that's on the highest selling console this generation, lol.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

just because SOME ports look SLIGHTLY worse on PS3, doesn't mean PS3 is getting poor ports.

Ghostbusters, Orange Box and Bayonetta are the only ones that are really poor compared to 360 versions