By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - due to the hardware failures Japanese retailer Tsutaya announced that they will no longer accept buy back or trade

Japanese retailer Tsutaya announced that they will no longer accept buy back or trade in of Xbox 360 console in Japan, which is most likely due to the hardware failures, banned console and poor sales in Japan

Around the Network

link..dude you just cant post stuff like this without a source

Links?...

My guess:
http://kotaku.com/5431926/japanese-retailer-wont-buy-back-xbox-360s

Wow

Around the Network

My guess is it's about the poor sales. If a 400 sq ft apartment costs $750,000, how much does retail space in Tokyo go for per square foot? Too much to put a tiny seller like the 360 on, I'll tell you that.

Edit: This is kind of a troll thread title now that I look at it. The retailer didn't say "due to hardware failures" that was conjecture in what we think was the source article (we're not sure because the OP didn't link it), among several other possible explanations. I believe this is a troll thread and should be locked.

360 is DOMED confirmed?!?

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Dexorosorous said:

You mean Dooooomed, right?

Genuine news I guess, but rather a dubious title.  I suspect as others have noted its more to do with trading conditions than anything else.  I think MS is going backburner on Japan anywho - all their big effort right now seems to be in protecting their good gains in US and UK from PS3 Slim and holding firm until Natal launches.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Dexorosorous said:

Domed indeed (does anyone still remember this joke? Who was it that started it, squilliam?)

CommonMan said:

My guess is it's about the poor sales. If a 400 sq ft apartment costs $750,000, how much does retail space in Tokyo go for per square foot? Too much to put a tiny seller like the 360 on, I'll tell you that.

Edit: This is kind of a troll thread title now that I look at it. The retailer didn't say "due to hardware failures" that was conjecture in what we think was the source article (we're not sure because the OP didn't link it), among several other possible explanations. I believe this is a troll thread and should be locked.

It's not really a troll thread title. But it's very misleading and mabye not even true.