By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Wii Sports!

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 3 days, after the 3 day period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  I will be putting up a new thread with a new game every 3 days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

(playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

2. Users with less than 100 posts cannot score a game unless they back up their post with very good reasons as to why they rated it so.

3. scores have to be on a 10 point scale with 7 being average, and anything longer than 2 digits (Eg: 9.75) won't be counted.

4. If you score a game under a 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

5. A game must have at least 15 people that gave it a score to be counted.

6. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last game was Red Faction: Guerrilla and it was disqualified for not having enough scores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's game is Wii Sports!

Vgchartz score--8.68

Gamerankings score--76.34%

Highest score was 10, lowest was 2

I would give the game a 7

+ Good family game.

- Too easy, and I got bored of it really fast.

Vgchartz top 12 rated games

1. Uncharted 2: Among Theives

2. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)--9.52

3. Street Fighter IV(Multi)--9.40

4. Super Mario Galaxy(Wii)--9.39

5. The Orange Box(Multi)--9.24

6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes(Wii)--9.16

7. Halo 3(360)--9.13

8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii)--9.09

9. Mario Kart Wii(Wii)--9.04

10. Uncharted(PS3)--9.03

11. Batman: Arkham Asylum(Mulit)--9.01

12. Gears of War(360)--8.96

Next game will be Borderlands!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the awesome vgchartz ranking game logo, and thanks to all of you for participating 

To view a list of all games from every ranking game thread click here.

Around the Network

6.7/10

+ Sometimes fun

- Huge lack of content
- Very awkward controls (especially the boxing game)
- It's more of a tech demo

Wonderful game!

It's simple and really showed off the potential of the Wii. Each sport had simple controls that worked well and each sport got surprisingly deep once you took the time to go deeper into the controls.

This game was the poster child for the Wii-- it showed that you can ignore the over simplified graphics and fall in love with the superb controls.

8.2/10

+ Innovative controls
+ Looks and sounds great
+ Multiplayer fun

- Lacks depth
- No highscores
- Some bad controls here and there

This game is generation-defining. It's right up there with games like Super Mario Brothers, Grand Theft Auto III, and Tetris. The sequel may have better controls and more content, but you've gotta give a nod to the game that started it all.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

There had no existed any game like that before. The game is so difficult as you like.
Endless fun with other person.

Very short single player so then a poor game played alone =(.

The reason I got my Wii in the first place was Zelda, however I have to credit this game for selling millions of consoles, bringing with them a new type of gamer that was happy with this and maybe another game or 2. Rating it as a gamer based on gameplay alone is a bit hard, I only really ever got into boxing and baseball,- golf, bowling and tennis did not seem as fun. THe first game I played on my Wii, I was at the time impressed with the motion controls, but with mp coming out recently with Resort I feel like this game could have been alot more, though it was a free pack in game. Having just played a couple of games just to see how they held up to my origanal thoughts I can say that this is not the best game ever but as a pack in to show what could be done I am happy with what it is.

It perfectly example of a simple yet extremely fun game. The mini-games were all well done and relatively fun to play. The controls were simple enough to explain to get anyone to be able to play, but still distinct enough that you could see the effect of various people's playing style. Ultimately it will be known as the game that started the motion control push, and the defining game of this generation.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

10... It was free. Therefore no complaints

+ nice party game
+ some games have good controls

- some have rather bad controls
- atrociously boring when you're alone
- not much content
- Mii's are ugly