By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy Japan Sale Confusion

The more I think about it, 300k for the first week isnt bad at all. I still think it will do a million by the end of Nov.

Around the Network

*Sigh*, those are first week sales. Every single new release in Japan is on a Thursday just in case you haven't noticed and no matter it says Monster Hunter 2 has sold 750.000 or a Mario Galaxy sold 350.000, both sales are counted for the 3 days on sale. New sale charts start on Monday and will be 2nd week after release. To say the sales doesn't look bad then is complete nonsense as a Mario Galaxy might still sell less than a Mario Party 8 for instance in its first week, while MP8 was also released on a "Thursday", like any other game in Japan.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Almost no games are ever launched on Mon-Wed. so it's completely fair to judge first week sales on 2-3 days. Don't become like the Sony fans and start making stupid excuses.

wait can someone pleease tell me wen the pre-orders came to japan because they said that there was 700,000 pre-orders in japan so why did only 300k sell? someone answer this!!!

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to change to a shorter name. It ruins the formatting of pages when it's so long.

Around the Network
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm said:

Why in the name of god would anyone want that name in the first place?  

Super Mario Galaxy should show strong legs, expect a 30% decline at the max.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>