By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix to announce new project soon.

jarrod said:
ethomaz said:

He's Nomura then...

* PS3 Exclusive confirmed (If HD).
* PSP Exclusive confirmed (If Portable).
* Maybe KH3.

Nomura's done 2 DS games already versus only 4 PSP games (only 1 of which is out yet).  And one of his whopping 2 PS3 exclusives already went multi.  I don;t think you can just assume automatic PS-family exclusivity with Nomura these days, that's just not what his track record suggests today.

I don't it's a stretch to say Nomura does seem to lean the way of Sony consoles. But I think his bigger preference is to make games with one console in mind, that way you can design and fully tune the game to that one consoles strengths.

Around the Network

For all the people holding on to the delu- *cough* belief that Nomura is a raging Sony fanboy...what would you say if this is a major project for a console that isn't Sony approved?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Versus 14 anyone?

Xoj said:

and DQ only sells in japan. FF and KH sell worldwide.

People need to stop spreading this disinformation.  DQ8 in America and Europe sold about as well as KH2 did in Japan and Europe.  Both series are lopsidedly weighted towards just one region (DQ in Japan, KH in America), which is something SE's taken issue with and wants to reverse.

FF is really SE's only series with huge worldwide appeal, but it's about half as popular as DQ in Japan, and slightly less popular than KH in America.

ClaudeLv250 said:

For all the people holding on to the delu- *cough* belief that Nomura is a raging Sony fanboy...what would you say if this is a major project for a console that isn't Sony approved?

Nomura is co-director of 358/2 Days, so it's already happened.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Xoj said:

People need to stop spreading this disinformation.  DQ8 in America and Europe sold about as well as KH2 did in Japan and Europe.  Both series are lopsidedly weighted towards just one region (DQ in Japan, KH in America), which is something SE's taken issue with and wants to reverse.

FF is really SE's only series with huge worldwide appeal, but it's about half as popular as DQ in Japan, and slightly less popular than KH in America.

what? have u seen dragon quest sales?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=570&region=All

it sold nothing, compared to FF in the west.

Soriku said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:
Xoj said:

He was comparing DQ to KH not to FF...

Yeah this.  You can't legitimately call Kingdom Hearts a worldwide seller, and then claim otherwise for Dragon Quest.  I'd also say VGC is undertracking DQ8 in Europe, it's shipped 1.2m there.

jarrod said:
Soriku said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:
Xoj said:

He was comparing DQ to KH not to FF...

Yeah this.  You can't legitimately call Kingdom Hearts a worldwide seller, and then claim otherwise for Dragon Quest.  I'd also say VGC is undertracking DQ8 in Europe, it's shipped 1.2m there.

First Shipped != Sold.

no DQ characters on KH, therei s no relation between the two series

i dont see how DQ is similar to KH, neither sales

kh have roots in final fantasy, and enviroments and setting in disney worlds.

and character design by tetsuya nomura (you know the main guy of the FF series), main story.

KH sold better than DQ 8 in the west, only but a few, but it did, enough to counter huge DQ japan numbers.

DQ only sells alot in japan not a lot in the west actually sells like any other RPG that isn't FF and anyone who follows the game knows this.

both games are practically extremes of the JRPG-

even if DQ X hit in japan (in around 2 years), PS3 japanese and western install base + 360 (if multiplatform will be much bigger).

not only that, FF 13 Versus which is made by the KH Team would be already be released, with only main diffence with KH series its the  characters setting and story.

and even like that tales of grace was outsold by tales of vesperia ps3, even being a OLD port.

whatever it is it will be for PS3.

wii is losing squareenix love

Stats87 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Nomura is co-director of 358/2 Days, so it's already happened.

Apparently, handhelds don't count on that front.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"