By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 HW - 245k and FFXIII - 1.5M

Once again, we were right! (Sony fans) and 1 million this week is a possibility.

Around the Network

It seems that the Japan prediction MAY have both FFXIII and PS3 undertracked.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
It seems that the Japan prediction MAY have both FFXIII and PS3 undertracked.

Yea but not by that much at all especially for the actual game.  But hardware in the Japan Preview are actually just estimates not based off early data though so generally they can be a little off.  But considering we were still pretty close, I'd say the Source did a pretty good job. 

impressive ... if true

so it will be probably a very close to 1M week and perhaps 1M week indeed ...

someone said 750k without counting japan ...

Time to Work !

why dos always jp preview underestimate ps3

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
why dos always jp preview underestimate ps3

We've been over this many times. Japan previews are *obviously* estimates...

<.<

1.5 mil is a darn good attach rate in Japan, but we will have to see about legs...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Software is where I expected but the hardware is well above my expectation. It may actually beat the Wii in Japan this week.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Damn the Hardware jump is really big and unexpected tbh.

Zucas said:
Munkeh111 said:
Not bad, assuming they are from a decent source, but I don't think PS3 will make 1m this week unfortunately

Well I would say it should be able to.  750k-800k from the rest of the world I would assume unless PS3 hit a stale point/sellouts it shouldn't really have too much of a problem with about 230k-250k PS3's sold in Japan.  I mean give or take this million week is going to be based more on timing but still million in one week is impressive nonetheless.  But yea I'd say a million for PS3 last week seems in the bag.  Would have never thought it before this but never under estimate FF in Japan right. 

Basically, PS3 HW outside Japan needs to jump 25%. Last year it jumped 20%, but 360 hardware jumped 29%... so it is certainly possible