By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers pushing the PS3 more now

p.s. not everyone, who is ready to buy, likes to leave empty handed and decides to be patient. Some people, decide to buy the best they can get that day....common sense maybe, but really...it just amazes me that all 3 major systems are now out of stock in my area...

Around the Network

I havent seen wi commercial is a while, I have seen lots of ps3 commercials. Heavenly sword, ratchet and recently the You need it play b3yond comercial. As well as 360 commercials.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

all ive been seeing are ps3 and 360 commercials but as of late ps3 commercials

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Isn't this like EA only featuring the Xbox 360 in their Madden ads. And wasn't that because they got money from Microsoft?

If that is the case, it might be the same thing here. In other words ... Sony paying for its system to be featured in the Simpsons ads.

(And if I am wrong ... please someone call me on it. I am going from memory from what I have seen/read on this).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I've Seen quite a few first party Wii adds, the Metroid one was pretty good, nice voice over and a good amount of game play shown.

The DS on the other hand is being advertised like crazy over here, lots of brain training with nicole kidman right now but I hear Patrick Stuart of Captain Jean-Luc Picard fame is going to start advertising the DS soon, On the TV it's on enough for it to convice my sister to one.
But whats even more interesting is that it's all over the tube. I mean half the tube had DS adds on it.

A tag line for the DS which went something like "Why be bored? you could be improving your brain or be solving mysteries for an hour on your way to work" - well reading THAT on the tube while sitting on the tube and feeling really bored is very effective...and think about how many million people use the tube every single day.

Nintendo really has an amazing Ad team. The best of the 3 so far.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
Isn't this like EA only featuring the Xbox 360 in their Madden ads. And wasn't that because they got money from Microsoft?

If that is the case, it might be the same thing here. In other words ... Sony paying for its system to be featured in the Simpsons ads.

(And if I am wrong ... please someone call me on it. I am going from memory from what I have seen/read on this).

Mike from Morgantown

It wouldn't make sense for ubisoft to only advertise the ps3 version for no reason.  They should want people to know what platforms it is on to get the most sales.  What makes it overwhelmingly obvious is the little part at the end that advertises the new $400 PS3, why would ubisoft voluntarily put that in there?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

It wouldn't make sense for ubisoft to only advertise the ps3 version for no reason.  They should want people to know what platforms it is on to get the most sales.  What makes it overwhelmingly obvious is the little part at the end that advertises the new $400 PS3, why would ubisoft voluntarily put that in there?

well the 360 version was only featured at E3 so it at least makes sense to let people know that hey this is on the ps3 too.. they want both versions to sell not just one.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I hope you understand that when you see a PS logo or Xbox logo after a game commercial from a 3rd party thats multi platform. Sony or MS helped pay for the advertisements.

The Assassin's Creed commercial ran during the New England vs Colts game.   It started with the Playstation turning into an Octopus, then had the regular Ubisoft spot, and then ended with the PS3 logo. 

I don't know if Ubisoft really cares if a person buys the game on the PS3 or the 360.  As long as people buy the game, they are happy.

Yes, I saw the new PS3 and 360 commericials. Haven't seen a Wii one since MP8.

I do like the Ratchet one, the universal PS3 one, and the trifecta one for 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.