By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers pushing the PS3 more now

Bark said:

The Assassin's Creed commercial ran during the New England vs Colts game. It started with the Playstation turning into an Octopus, then had the regular Ubisoft spot, and then ended with the PS3 logo.

I don't know if Ubisoft really cares if a person buys the game on the PS3 or the 360. As long as people buy the game, they are happy.

What they like is that Sony more than likely paid half the cost of the ad.

You see the same thing in computer ads. Intel helps to pay for computer ads which prominently mention Intel processors.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
Soriku said:
I literally haven't seen any PS3 commercials ever since it launched. But a couple Wii ones. Zero 360 ones too. It's a surprise if they're starting to advertise via commercials now.

But I'm not sure how these will do. Like FishyJoe said, HS was really advertised, but that didn't help. Not sure if it'll help this time or no. But smart that they're doing it more casually now that we're almost hitting the holiday season.

PS3 commercials were huge for Spiderman 3.

Who else was creeped out by the baby commercials....... 

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Two games it is hard to determine that. Sony offers to advertise their games for them as long as they make the PS3 label the largest and most infront. Read actual numbers about investment and games in development for each console, and more importantly know the number of exclusives on each platform then come and tell people who the developers are behind. Never judge developers by what you see on TV. Maybe public opinion or company PR but nothing more.

"Like you know"

im glad sony stepped up and did this i was getting tired of seeing Jump in after every game commercial especially if its not exclusive

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I just got done watching the simpsons and family guy on fox sunday. I saw three xbox 360 commercials and i saw about 15 ps3 commercials. i have never seen that many ps3 commercials. They showed the same xbox commercial three times and like 4 different ps3 commercials.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Around the Network

The only commercials I've seen recently are Sony's Ratchet commercial (which I really like) and that vision training with the boxers for the ds.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

At least the new commercials are better than the EoJ commercial. Whoever did that commercial should be shot, because it makes EoJ look like an cheesy crapfest for nerds.

Its all paid off, publishers answer to the $.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Mark2008 said:
my local target is sold out of 40gb PS3, 360 Arcade, and as always, the Wii.
I honestly think the casual gamer crowd, would prefer the items to be in stock when they want to buy it. This out of stock situation helps Xbox 360 the most...they have configurations in stock, that aren't too far off the model that people were really looking for...the cheaper Arcade version. It's not like you'll buy a Wii instead...you still only get a Wii on stock day.

I can only speculate, but I'm sure Wii, while still in the leadership position, has probably given away several hundred thousand customers to XBox, because people got tired of trying to find one, and wanted a system to play.

Looks like Sony is bringing people into the stores finally...but looks like they will also give some (not huge, but at least some casual gamer) sales to Xbox 360, since you cannot find the model you came in to buy.

If someone wanted a Wii, then they'd know by now that it would be hard to find, so they'd just keep trying if it's what they really wanted. Even if they needed something to hold them over until they could find one, it would be the DS and PSP that would benefit from the lack of Wii's as it would make far more sense to spend $150-$200 max on one of them plus a game than it would to spend in upwards of $400 for a 360 plus a game.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

FishyJoe said:
At least the new commercials are better than the EoJ commercial. Whoever did that commercial should be shot, because it makes EoJ look like an cheesy crapfest for nerds.

hey, at least they're not lying for once =)

*dons flame proof suit*

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!