trashleg said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

It was good, that's what it was.

You've been very defensive of him since this entire thing came onto the forums...

But hey, the majority would rather have Rage at number 1.
Hopefully Xfactor gets screwed over again next year too, but that time... With an actual Christmas song

So it was a digg and you proved my point, thanks.

I was in camp RATM when this thing started, then I actually listened to the song and realised how hostile the people (fans) behind it were and became neutral.

in reality, the UK did not stick its fingers up at simon and joe (20 million people watched the final, 1/3 of this entire country.) less than 0.1% of people bought RATM, even then it was multiple purchases from people, I doubt many that bought joes single was because they wanted to beat RATM.

Last line, totally agree, I would love for a true christmas song to be number 1, be it from a unknown band or x factor, not some soppy crap ballad or some angry slitty wrist shite.

So what? All that matters is, he won... And he can gloat about it just as Joe and definately Simon would have done. And it's not like it was a personaly attack at Joe... I mean, the group was together before he was announced the winner.

20m people watched the final, and his single sold ~450k copies... Goes to show you the quality of it is rubbish, again... Just like the past few years (baring Leona, the only talented one from the lot) and Killing isn't exactly what i would call a top quality song either, but id rather listen to it than yet another ballad from some pop star.

Plus, the RatM group has raised over 60k for charity. Can't argue with that!

Simon would have gloated yes, but then simon is an annoying twit. Joe I believe would have been a good man. You're right, I'm one of those people that watches X Factor, but I've never enjoyed any of the winners songs. They flat out suck. Unfortunately though you have to listen to BOTH X factor and RATM.

I'm glad RATM won (ignoring the bitter fans) because maybe next year someone will come out with a great christmas tune and campaign for it to get to #1, I'll be fully behind that.

It's also great all that money went to charity.

Agreed!

and hell froze over

stop quoting so much.

ewww.

<3

You just quoted me, hypocrit

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
leo-j said:
SciFiBoy said:
so really then, the true no.1 is the no.3 as it had no campaign or TV show to back it

well the #3 hit #1 last week

on merit, its also this weeks no.1, thats my point, the charts should be about what people listen to, not about TV shows or Facebook campaigns

its true, ill still hate the charts, but at least theyre honest and reflect some measure of what people are listening to.

If billboard counted youtube views, bad romance would have been #1 in the U.S for weeks..

mM
SciFiBoy said:
so really then, the true no.1 is the no.3 as it had no campaign or TV show to back it

Everything in the charts is advertised by large music companies. Whether its a TV show or just an advert on TV. RATM on the other hand, are number one because two normal everyday people started a facebook group and invited other people to join. How much did they spend on advertising? £0. How can you say RATM aren't the true number 1's?