By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm about a year late but, MGS4 is one of the best games ever!

BEST GAME EVA

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
CGI-Quality said:
PDF said:
I become more tempted to play this game every time i see a thread like this.

I played some of the 1st back in the days of PS1liked it but never actually finished the game. I was also like 7

Now I've played MGO and got bored and MGS4 just doesnt look like it interest me.
but with this constant praise i dont know it I can ignore it or not

I think I am going to play MGS4

Ignore the negatives you hear about it, try it. It's a fantastic game for all PS3 owners to buy/try.

What? It's a fantastic game for all gaming enthusiasts. It's not like PS3 owners deserved the game more than anyone else. Strange wording in your phrase there, so I might got it all wrong.

I dunno, it might be kind of hard to play MGS4 if you aren't a PS3 owner.  Unless you get most of your enjoyment from looking at the game's box/manual.

It's not like he said "It's a fantastic game that PS3 owners deserve."  You are reading way, way, WAY too much into him mentioning the PS3.  Way way, way, too much.  I mean, WAYYYYYYY too much into it.  I'm actually a little baffled at how you could misconstrue what he said.

bobobologna said:
SHMUPGurus said:
CGI-Quality said:
PDF said:
I become more tempted to play this game every time i see a thread like this.

I played some of the 1st back in the days of PS1liked it but never actually finished the game. I was also like 7

Now I've played MGO and got bored and MGS4 just doesnt look like it interest me.
but with this constant praise i dont know it I can ignore it or not

I think I am going to play MGS4

Ignore the negatives you hear about it, try it. It's a fantastic game for all PS3 owners to buy/try.

What? It's a fantastic game for all gaming enthusiasts. It's not like PS3 owners deserved the game more than anyone else. Strange wording in your phrase there, so I might got it all wrong.

I dunno, it might be kind of hard to play MGS4 if you aren't a PS3 owner.  Unless you get most of your enjoyment from looking at the game's box/manual.

It's not like he said "It's a fantastic game that PS3 owners deserve."  You are reading way, way, WAY too much into him mentioning the PS3.  Way way, way, too much.  I mean, WAYYYYYYY too much into it.  I'm actually a little baffled at how you could misconstrue what he said.

Oh jeez, you're totally right though. I guess I've been studying too much lately (physics exam tomorrow, agghh!) and I'm always trying to find little glitches and stuff when there's none of them.

I think I'll be going to sleep! @_@

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

One of the best games I have ever played in my entire life.

And to all the people hating in this thread.

Just don't post, if you've got nothing good to say about the game, then don't say anything. This thread isn't discussing the game, it's a praise thread, so if you aren't praising... get out.
If you are complaining about the cut scenes, Jesus Christ... their is an option to skip it.

dirkd2323 said:
Great game, never saw late mouth movements , strange

could of just been my PS3

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Around the Network
Smashed said:

Just don't post, if you've got nothing good to say about the game, then don't say anything. This thread isn't discussing the game, it's a praise thread, so if you aren't praising... get out.
If you are complaining about the cut scenes, Jesus Christ... their is an option to skip it.

haha...thats hillarious.

OP is saying MGS4 is one of the best games ever...opinion.

A few of us are saying it isn't and providing reasons why...opinion as well.

This is not a MGS4 circle jerk by any means but a valid discussion.

Smashed said:

What? Can't take some criticisms?

I'm willing to bet my left nut that if I made a thread called "MGS4 was one of the biggest wastes of time" you'd be right there flaming.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Indeed. I disagree about the voice acting; I thought it was stellar (lip synching included).

vlad321 said:
Smashed said:

I'm willing to bet my left nut that if I made a thread called "MGS4 was one of the biggest wastes of time" you'd be right there flaming.

Wrong.

In fact, I would think there is potentially something wrong with your brain if you made a thread that was called that. Either that, or you aren't a gamer that recognizes masterpiece.

Criticize the game all you want, just.. this thread is the opposite of criticism. You and a few people are actually the only ones.

Smashed said:
vlad321 said:
Smashed said:

Wrong.

In fact, I would think there is potentially something wrong with your brain if you made a thread that was called that. Either that, or you aren't a gamer that recognizes masterpiece.

Criticize the game all you want, just.. this thread is the opposite of criticism. You and a few people are actually the only ones.

See I think there's somethign wrogn with people who LIKE that game. Video games can  never be art when they try to be something else. They aren't movies, as such MGS4 sucks the big one. Even if I didn't have a problem with the length and shitty wanna-be movie air of the game the story still blows... I mean really? Nanobots? Really? My 12 year old brother can do better than that. If the whols story was removed and the game was just left on its gameplay alone it would have bee infinitely better in its current form.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835