By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm about a year late but, MGS4 is one of the best games ever!

CGI-Quality said:
CommonMan said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
disolitude said:
^
lol...nanobots.

I think its nanomachines. But great point about the story sucking Vlad.

I remember when Liquid Sankes arm took over the whole body of Ocelot and he jsut asumes his personality from that point on. I was like...wtf is this shit?

Id say that story would have been a lot more amusing to watch if it was presented campy or with some humour. But its so damn serious...
Why does Otagon keep crying every 2 minutes? You'd think a guy that has been involved with warfare for god knows how long would actually toughen up and not be such a panzy.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that there was no humour.

What about the smoking, soda drinking, bald, diaper wearing monkey that appears regularly throughout the game? That ridicolous J-pop song on the iPod you can have playing while slitting throats and shooting people in the face. The beauties posing for you when you equip the camera. Otacon telling you to change discs. The whole Pscho Mantis cameo. Shaking the the controller during Rose's codec conversations to jiggle her boobs. The resistance member stopping to take a piss in the fountain while you were tailing him. Planting Playboys to distract guards. Crunching a guys balls after patting him down for items.

I could go on and on. You should really give the game another chance because it sounds like you haven't come close to experiencing all it has to offer.

That's usually what I find when people say they didn't like the game, some of them didn't experience it to the fullest.

But see, here's where I think that the game falls down. I usually go through games fairly quickly, and don't dawdle, particularly a game with great cutscenes. I want to get to those cutscenes, I'm a reward kind of guy. If I have to go out of my way to experience a game to it's fullest, then that is a fail in the gameplay department. You shouldn't have to have some kind of inner understanding of the games mechanics to really enjoy it. The game should wrap you in it's mechanics and suck you in and force you to experience it. Really it should. There should always be an option to skip cutscenes, make the game easier for lower skill gamers, but there should never be an option to miss out on the core gameplay experience, which this game does.

To each his own, that is exactly what MGS4 did, especially since I wasn't a big fan of the aerial view seen in previous MGS installments. Like any game, this is one that you either like/don't like.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the game, I am a big Solid Snake fan! I might have gone into it with too high of expectations though. When I get my slim in 4 days (I miss my ps3!) I may go through it again, who knows maybe I'll love it this time.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
disolitude said:
^
lol...nanobots.

I remember when Liquid Sankes arm took over the whole body of Ocelot and he jsut asumes his personality from that point on. I was like...wtf is this shit?

Id say that story would have been a lot more amusing to watch if it was presented campy or with some humour. But its so damn serious...
Why does Otagon keep crying every 2 minutes? You'd think a guy that has been involved with warfare for god knows how long would actually toughen up and not be such a panzy.

What about the smoking, soda drinking, bald, diaper wearing monkey that appears regularly throughout the game? That ridicolous J-pop song on the iPod you can have playing while slitting throats and shooting people in the face. The beauties posing for you when you equip the camera. Otacon telling you to change discs. The whole Pscho Mantis cameo. Shaking the the controller during Rose's codec conversations to jiggle her boobs. The resistance member stopping to take a piss in the fountain while you were tailing him. Planting Playboys to distract guards. Crunching a guys balls after patting him down for items.

I could go on and on. You should really give the game another chance because it sounds like you haven't come close to experiencing all it has to offer.

That's usually what I find when people say they didn't like the game, some of them didn't experience it to the fullest.

people won't get that stuff unless they've played 1-3, and a lot of people haven't, and won't be able to experience the MGS inside jokes as much, my favorite one remains the shadow moses MGS 1 flash back, that was pure awesome when I first got to that part and I was like "WTF!?!?! NOWAY!" best game ever though..... I don't even think it's the best MGS, so I can't promote that at all.

Like I said, not everybody is going to like it, but there are MANY people who do.

Then there are also people like me who don't think it's the best game ever yet still like it lol, there are always middle grounds.

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
disolitude said:
^
lol...nanobots.

people won't get that stuff unless they've played 1-3, and a lot of people haven't, and won't be able to experience the MGS inside jokes as much, my favorite one remains the shadow moses MGS 1 flash back, that was pure awesome when I first got to that part and I was like "WTF!?!?! NOWAY!" best game ever though..... I don't even think it's the best MGS, so I can't promote that at all.

Like I said, not everybody is going to like it, but there are MANY people who do.

Then there are also people like me who don't think it's the best game ever yet still like it lol, there are always middle grounds.

I'm not arguing that there aren't.

Just saying that there will be people who don't agree with it being the best game ever yet liked it just fine hence resulting in this fine thread of disscussions(?) For me, the over dramatic BS blew the mood of seriousness entirely out of the water and turned the entire game into a big comedy for me, I don't think I've ever laughed more playing a video game than playing MGS4 in all my 22+ years of gaming, and that's not a good thing, at all.

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
disolitude said:
^
lol...nanobots.

I'm not arguing that there aren't.

Just saying that there will be people who don't agree with it being the best game ever yet liked it just fine hence resulting in this fine thread of disscussions(?) For me, the over dramatic BS blew the mood of seriousness entirely out of the water and turned the entire game into a big comedy for me, I don't think I've ever laughed more playing a video game than playing MGS4 in all my 22+ years of gaming, and that's not a good thing, at all.

Well, you laughing at the game won't hurt it in the slightest, just like me loving it won't make much difference. I'm still not sure of what you're perpetuating here though. I've agreed that there are those who'll love it and those who'll hate it.

I just wish Kojima would have tuned that JP dramatic shit down, it's so fake and out of touch with reality that it was hard to immerse myself within the game, my view of the game would be entirely different otherwise, I was really dissapointed with my reaction to the game tbh. It was just that one thing and it would have been such an awesome game for me, unmet expectations are always bitter I guess. I'm just discussing my end lol, not much else to it dood.

I'm not sure if we can take your opinions seriously though, CGI-Drebi. . . I mean CGI-Quality, you may be biased since you play such an important role in the game.