By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm about a year late but, MGS4 is one of the best games ever!

i like how he smokes constantly, yet it gives you warnings that smoking is bad for you. Perhaps my favorite part

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

they do show that smoking kills in that game, literally.

Is this binary solo's alt account?

dahuman said:
I don't really get it, I've had it awhile, but never found it to be the best game ever, don't like cheezy Japanese emo stuff in general I guess, but the game has a lot of the good funny moments and cool flash back stuff from the previous games. B&B is hot.

its very different from the usual japanese thing. MGS story is very patriotic.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

dahuman said:
I don't really get it, I've had it awhile, but never found it to be the best game ever, don't like cheezy Japanese emo stuff in general I guess, but the game has a lot of the good funny moments and cool flash back stuff from the previous games. B&B is hot.

Actually its far away from the usual japanese type RPG characters if that is what you mean.

Around the Network

I loved it as well! I just don't know how to make games talking about the "present" now. MGS4 was so good mainly because it finished the story complete, there is only to make games about the "past", using Big Boss as main protagonist.

Yeah, it really is an incredible game, one of my top 2 favorite games of ALL TIME, along with Uncharted 2. I think overall, MGS4 would take the top spot for campaign, but Uncharted 2 has an epic campaign PLUS awesome, addicting multiplayer (and I'm not even a multiplayer guy).

Glad you played this game, definitely is a must-play.

It's great !
Although it's currently not in my top 20 games of this gen and will continue to fall down over time, but that is also showing that this gen has been very good.

delete

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

In my opinion, it's easily the best game this gen, and one of the best games ever... Great story, epic moments, graphics, audio, awesome bosses, creativity, this game has everything.