By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

"Mario Kart's popularity is partly because it's a cross game of Nintendo Characters"

Mario Kart Wii outsold every game with Mario on it in the past 2 generations, the last time i knew, most of people either hate Mario or simply they dont care about him, people buy Mario games because they tend to be great fun, not because they are hypnotized by Mario

Even if Mario Kart sold because it has Mario on its name, Sony characters aren´t nearly as well known as Nintendo characters, i can barely recognize 2 or 3 characters on that list

"In Mario Kart, all racers have their own themed cars with different performance specs. In modnation all cars ride the same for a balanced race meaning the person that rides the track most skill fully and uses weapons properly wins. Also cars aren't default themed, gotta make your own or use a generic template."

mmm... That game seriously lack contents... UGC based games were meant to fail

"Mario kart's focus is just racing with a few friends while playing as your favorite Ninty characters. Modnation's focus is on creativity. Creating your own tracks, sharing them with the world, playing and modding tracks from others. Also while having fun with friends."

Yet, the fun part is racing, no one is going to buy a game just to create your own game

"These games are too completely different experiences. If modnation is a rip-off of mario kart then they're both rip-offs of what ever the first Kart game was."

Super Mario Kart on the SNES, thanks .__.

"I could type up something similar for LBP and Mario but after reading this, anyone that's played both can make up their own thoughts on it."

Agreed, the analogy stands

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

In the US we use votes(more or less sales) to decide who our president is

Hahaha, that one is golden ^^

elmerion said:
"Mario Kart's popularity is partly because it's a cross game of Nintendo Characters"

Mario Kart Wii outsold every game with Mario on it in the past 2 generations, the last time i knew, most of people either hate Mario or simply they dont care about him, people buy Mario games because they tend to be great fun, not because they are hypnotized by Mario

Even if Mario Kart sold because it has Mario on its name, Sony characters aren´t nearly as well known as Nintendo characters, i can barely recognize 2 or 3 characters on that list

"In Mario Kart, all racers have their own themed cars with different performance specs. In modnation all cars ride the same for a balanced race meaning the person that rides the track most skill fully and uses weapons properly wins. Also cars aren't default themed, gotta make your own or use a generic template."

mmm... That game seriously lack contents... UGC based games were meant to fail

"Mario kart's focus is just racing with a few friends while playing as your favorite Ninty characters. Modnation's focus is on creativity. Creating your own tracks, sharing them with the world, playing and modding tracks from others. Also while having fun with friends."

Yet, the fun part is racing, no one is going to buy a game just to create your own game

"These games are too completely different experiences. If modnation is a rip-off of mario kart then they're both rip-offs of what ever the first Kart game was."

Super Mario Kart on the SNES, thanks .__.

"I could type up something similar for LBP and Mario but after reading this, anyone that's played both can make up their own thoughts on it."

Agreed, the analogy stands

You miss my point completely. Their's nothing about Modnation that shows SONY trying to "Rip-off" Mario Kart other than "it's a kart racer". Which is just silly.

4 ≈ One

Nintendo would have made LBP and Modnation and Eyepet if they had the balls and the tech to do it. They don't. Only next year are they sneaking Wario DIY out the door. Ooh teh innovation..

PSN - hanafuda

No, its not great but its certainly not .................Oh Sorry you said HIT !

Around the Network

@ carl

i agreed to let it go, so let it go, u wont change my mind, and whine all u want but sales do hold more merit then u may believe

i don understand y sony doesnt market eyepet more properly it basicaly des everythin natal s claiming to do...sony's eyetoy is underappreciated

i have rented it today from the local seven spot it is awesome and i am thinking of buying but i can't find solo edition without the camera because i already have play station eye from the eye of judgement(awesome game too)

gustave154 said:
i can't find the game anywhere in my video game store lol

i think its only in UK or only in europe

hanafuda said:
Nintendo would have made LBP and Modnation and Eyepet if they had the balls and the tech to do it. They don't. Only next year are they sneaking Wario DIY out the door. Ooh teh innovation..

And as soon as Sony release their Wand. I bet Nintendo will follow suit and release their own motion controllers, too.

I bet they'd even give it a lame name like... say... Wiimote.