By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The difference between the Wii and a Furbie

Hus said: Wii = elmo
I read that as Wii = emo. I just pictured a bunch of wiimotes dangling from peoples arms because they're just too upset to get into the game.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

stof said: Hus said: Wii = elmo I read that as Wii = emo. I just pictured a bunch of wiimotes dangling from peoples arms because they're just too upset to get into the game.
lol... wii is for the emo kids!

Hus said: lol... wii is for the emo kids!
Wii is far too much fun for that. Emo kids would want a system that evokes sad feelings of depression and angst. I'm looking at your Av Hus!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Another major difference between the Wii and most other 'toy' fads is the price. Cabbage Patch Kids, Beanie Babies, Furbies, etc. have generally been between $10 - $50. I don't think most people will pay $250 for an item they consider a fad. (Sure there will be some eBay auctions here and there, but I'm talking the majority of people who pay the MSRP.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer