By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anecdotal -- Consoles in Stock at One Super Wal Mart in Austin, TX.

2 - PS3 80 gig

1- PS3 40 gig

no 60s.

----

1 360 Premium with the 2 game bundle

2 Core 360s (they weren't the arcade version)

1 Elite 360 and 1 Halo 360.

-----

2 Wiis in stock

This is Sunday afternoon, approximately 1:30 PM. All of the different consoles were correctly price marked.

I was surprised to see 40 gig PS3s in stock as well as Wiis though 1 and 2, respectively, isn't exactly busting at the seams. That said, I suspect the next couple of weeks will be a little slow as Holiday is just about to ramp up with a vengeance.

what are you seeing out there? 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

give the Wiis till SMG week and you probably wont see them and i thought that the halo 360s were all gone

xstonexcold316x said:
give the Wiis till SMG week and you probably wont see them and i thought that the halo 360s were all gone

They're still out there; people just aren't buying them. I saw two at my local Best Buy yesterday.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

xstonexcold316x said:

Hmm, at my best buy there was a stack of 25+ Halo 360s. About 8 40gb PS3 and 11 80gb PS3, but no Wiis.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I haven't seen a wii in middle Tennessee or southern kentucky in months. Haven't seen shortages of any of the others. Haven't checked for 40 gig PS3s though.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I have noticed that I have actually been seeing Wiis at my local WalMart...but I also notice that they are always gone the next day. I think considering taht the American numbers have increased the reason for these sightings is that the allocations are getting larger and more frequent. That's not to say that there aren't Wiis sitting on shelves in America. I know that Dodece sees them on a regular basis, and Leo-J sees them all the time in the Miami area.

I have never been to a store and noticed no ps3's or 360's. Once I saw one ps3 missing, but there were still 3 in the case. Something to consider: just because you see a certain number of consoles on the shelves does not mean that they don't have a pile in the back. With the Wii, though, if you don't see any in the case you definitely know there aren't any chilling in the back. That is, unless the employees are kicking it WiiSports style.

The evidence really is anecdotal unfortunately. When it comes to your neighborhood Wally World. They keep most of the consoles in the stockroom. So for the two you see there might be twenty in the back. Unlike some retailers that build mountains of consoles. Even then its hard to tell whether those mountains are being refreshed. Thats usually the mark of a good retailer they keep things from looking touched.

On a serious note the supplies seem to vary from region to region. I continually read on this site that people cannot find Wiis. Meanwhile wherever I go I can't help but find them on shelves. Meanwhile I have not seen a Halo 360 since launch, and I actually saw a 20 gig PS3 not too long ago. That actually shocked me, but the retailer is a gouger so I probably should not be shocked.

I live in central Ohio by the way. So its not like I live in some kind of twilight zone region. One of the more populous states in a diverse area. So you would think it to be a average indicator of the country as a whole. I wonder if sales really are regional.

I have yet to see a wii in a store since launch. This is in Gainesville Fl. I'm not sure if it's because I live in a college town or what. They're simply never in stock here.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

it's so hard to find wiis in my area in minnesota. My friend is selling them on ebay, this week he sold 3 of them each with wii play for 350-370 a piece on ebay. That doesn't include the $40 shipping. Given the prices on ebay it's pretty obvious it's quite supply constrained across america still.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

One thing to remember is that in-store stock display can be deceiving. You don't know how many they have in backroom in storage of either system.

Here where I live in Southeast Georgia at my local Wal-Mart I didn't see a PS3 for months after release (except for the one in display used on the demo screens). Always saw the games but never the system. And still when I go to the store I tend to see that single one sitting there like always. But just one.

It's space constraints for one but also subtle manipulation by the retailers to create an impression of a must-have out-of-stock-soon system hoping on people to buy it.

I've occassionally seen 4 Wiis in stock at one time in this store but of course they don't last long. It's usually empty and NOT because of retailer storeshelf manipulation.

360s seem to be stable with always one or two or more in the cases.

Ask someone who works in the back what's going on or the clerks of said store and you'll get a clearer picture. Ask "Do you have any ______ in stock?" placing whatever system of choice in the blank and listen to the response and tone of response.

If it's somewhat resigned and exasperated response that's an out-of-stock system because the clerk may get asked this constantly and is tired of hearing it.

A friend of mine works in the back of this Wal-Mart and he let me know how things were going.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!