By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

ps3 hardcore fanboys Have to put japan because thats where the ps3 is made. it's a joke that they are not really thinking about where the real AAA games are coming from but to defend there favorite console.

Around the Network

Wow, I smell a ban coming :O

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ioisucks said:

ps3 hardcore fanboys Have to put japan because thats where the ps3 is made. it's a joke that they are not really thinking about where the real AAA games are coming from but to defend there favorite console.

Well .....Xbox is made in China

That means all consoles are from the East

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

darthdevidem01 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hahahahahaha

Wii sports changed this gen

nothing significant

hahahaha! (MGS4 & FF13 say YO!)

One released game and one UNRELEASED game (meaning youve never played it) say YO?

UNRELEASED?

ROFL ROFL ROFL @ YOU

THE NEXT FANTASY IS HERE TODAY!

lol u shouldnt have messed with FF13 jesus kung fu

Anyways Japan has sony(uncharted, infamous, ratchet, killzone this gen), nintendo( mario, Zelda, Wii series, Metroid, SSBB, fire emblem), MGS, FF13, DQ9, Tales, NMH, Monster hunter, pokemon, RE, yakuza, and much much more. How can anything compare to that?

nen-suer said:
ioisucks said:

Well .....Xbox is made in China

That means all consoles are from the East

Touche.

Game.Set.Match.

Home-Run. 

Goalllllllllllllllllll.

Check-Mate.

xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Khuutra said:
Soonerman, why did you limit it to ten games?

And why did you focus solely on consoles?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=87629

This larger, more complete list paints a very different picture.

Nearly everyone else in this thread seemed to be focusing on consoles.  At least he mentioned handhelds.

And he's the first person to put up a list that shows a hint of non-bais.  While I still say the view of which 'side' is winning (western developers or 'Japan') is entirely subjective and based more on your views of where your favorite games come from more than sales or critic scores, his list at least puts the topic into perspective without any side having a clear advantage.

However, I would like to point out, if the same list was redone, but handheld games were thrown into the mix with console games, you'd pretty much see nothing but Nintendo Wii and DS games on the list.  Hence why I think everyone is trying to focus on only console games in this thread, to give their respective 'western' argument a chance.  Since they focus on the PS3 and 360.

Which makes me wonder why you aren't mentioning PC.

...We don't have sales data on PC, is why?

The point of me linking that list was to force everyone to look at the elephant in the room for any sales discussion, which is that Nintendo alone dominates the Hell out of pretty much every Western developer mentioned so far.

Plus you are comparing western games vs japanese which is different from best country. The west has abt 5 major software countries compared to only japan. If u split western games up you will see that Japan beats each country indvidually. Japan vs West is a different argument though

kopstudent89 said:
Plus you are comparing western games vs japanese which is different from best country. The west has abt 5 major software countries compared to only japan. If u split western games up you will see that Japan beats each country indvidually. Japan vs West is a different argument though

This is indeed true. Dividing the West up into its constituent nations and taking the poll for what it is, I'm sure there are some who would make the argument that Nintendo alone smashes any other country on the planet, especially in a discussion about sales and public mindshare.

tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:
Joke thread? MGS4, FF XIII, Mario all say hi.

Did you like FF13 when you played it?

Demos are amazing things.

I know.....tell that to valkyria chronicles

VC demo was actually good, even though it was just a small skirmish battle. It was representative of the final product (on a smaller scale), just as the FF XIII demo is surely. Why are you so biased? I mean, first you call me out on something which I can easily counter, and then you scramble by bashing the VC demo? Just stop...you're embarassing yourself.

......are you serious?......

Well are you????...because its really hard to stop myself from tearing you apart with the English language so please tell me you were joking.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

tell me the name of 1 good japanese exclusive game for PS3 except MGS4...

wester games>>>japanese games IMO