By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

It was supposed to be hard? 39 16.05%

I had a few problems, but got through fine 70 28.81%

It was hard, but I managed 75 30.86%

I had to use a guide for parts 35 14.40%

Couldn't do it without a... 15 6.17%

I never managed to beat i... 9 3.70%

Total:243
dtewi said:
It feels so clunky to play this game after a few months.

And losing where I was is just terrible.

I have to relower the water level and check everywhere again...

Oh dtewi

Sometimes I don't think you'll ever beat this game

Like right now

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
dtewi said:

Oh dtewi

Like right now

Well, I commited to checking the bottom floors with water on today, tomorrow first floor w/o water, then second floor w/o water.

Truth be told, I've only gotten in like a couple hours of playtime in the past few days of it.

I've found a room with treasure inside it, but that annoying block is blocking my way... move block!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Khuutra said:
dtewi said:

Oh dtewi

Like right now

Well, I commited to checking the bottom floors with water on today, tomorrow first floor w/o water, then second floor w/o water.

Truth be told, I've only gotten in like a couple hours of playtime in the past few days of it.

I've found a room with treasure inside it, but that annoying block is blocking my way... move block!

...If it takes you a whole day (even with only an hour) to explore one floor....

Khuutra said:
dtewi said:
Khuutra said:
dtewi said:

Oh dtewi

Like right now

...If it takes you a whole day (even with only an hour) to explore one floor....

It was only like half an hour today. Yeesh. And it was basically all the floors and going outside to relearn the scarecrow's song.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

it would be nice if the next zelda had something like that, in Ocarina getting stuck there made me appreciate the game that much more. imean seriously, all i had to do was float upwards through a hole in the ceiling, and that took me months...

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Around the Network

sorta surprised this thread is still going, but it is fun to see the results and what people have to say.

Looks like most people had some form of problem with the temple, but the big thing was people found it tedious, which I agree with.

As for the boots on/off thing, I don't really agree with that, as I just parked the boots on one of the C buttons and then had 2 items and my sword.

@dtewi

If you're wasting time going outside to "learn" the scarecrow song, then I have to agree with Khuutra's feelings.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
sorta surprised this thread is still going, but it is fun to see the results and what people have to say.

Looks like most people had some form of problem with the temple, but the big thing was people found it tedious, which I agree with.

As for the boots on/off thing, I don't really agree with that, as I just parked the boots on one of the C buttons and then had 2 items and my sword.

@dtewi

If you're wasting time going outside to "learn" the scarecrow song, then I have to agree with Khuutra's feelings.

The boots weren't made a C-button item until Wind Waker

Khuutra said:
nordlead said:

@dtewi

The botos weren't made a C-button item until Wind Waker

crap, you are right. I guess I haven't played OoT in a while (like 2 years)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I just beat the water temple! It took me a hour. With me knowing where to go. The temple is the longest in the game. Now I'll beat thw next 2 tomrrow

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

MasterZack said:
Snesboy said:
I had more problems with the Water Temple than the Lakebed Temple.

TP was a sinch when it came to dungeons.

You mean Lord Jabu Jabu's Belly?

No I mean the Water Temple.