By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

It was supposed to be hard? 39 16.05%

I had a few problems, but got through fine 70 28.81%

It was hard, but I managed 75 30.86%

I had to use a guide for parts 35 14.40%

Couldn't do it without a... 15 6.17%

I never managed to beat i... 9 3.70%

Total:243
nordlead said:
sorta surprised this thread is still going, but it is fun to see the results and what people have to say.

Looks like most people had some form of problem with the temple, but the big thing was people found it tedious, which I agree with.

As for the boots on/off thing, I don't really agree with that, as I just parked the boots on one of the C buttons and then had 2 items and my sword.

@dtewi

If you're wasting time going outside to "learn" the scarecrow song, then I have to agree with Khuutra's feelings.

I was just relearning it because I had forgotten what I had created.

Okaaaaay?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Pretty damn hard the first time around.
Saying you've beat it "countless times" doesn't really mean much. After you beat anything the first time the 2nd,3rd,4th, etc times are naturally easier and it loses much of its difficulty because you're already familiar with it. Ive beat OoT countless times its lost all of its difficulty its still fun as hell though.

The only time me and my bros ever went to a guide was the shadow temple because we couldn't figure out how to get across the bridge. Once we saw the solution we all felt stupid because it was simple. Anyways the water temple was rough and Im not really fan of tough games Im a fan of fun games. Zelda is my favorite franchise and I often wonder why since Im a dumbass at puzzles and a lot of times I wander for hours which I hate. In the end I dont think more complexity can make it better I'd just like them to be clever make you pass the temple in creative and fun ways.

I liked the water temples of OoT MM and TP a lot. More than most other temples. It's a pity that complex puzzles seem to be on a decline in Zelda, the mobile ones don't include any real thought challanges any more, and most of the TP temples were ridiculously easy. Here's to hoping the help movie patent will make puzzles more challenging again.

I did things a little out of order the first time I played it which made it really hard. Plus I didn't watch the cutscene with the Zora carefully enough so I was unaware you could go up in that one part.

I think OoT may have had the best Dungeons of 3D Zeldas. A good balance of difficulty, and the secrets weren't really obvious like in the newer games.

P.S. I laughed when I saw WW Ganondorf conversing with TP Ganondorf.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I never had a problem with it. I personally felt the Shadow Temple was more challenging.

Around the Network

I had this game for the N64 and beat the game about 7-8 years ago. So when I bought OOT on VC I was able to breeze through every dungeon except for the water temple. I'm halfway through it I think but I ended up giving up.

When I was playing the first time it took my entire family put to our heads together to figure it out. I guess I can't complete it without them.