By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The thing that pisses me off the most about game pirates...

disolitude said:
CommonMan said:
I personally don't like the whole "the world owes me somthing" attitude in general. Nope, world owes you nothing. Pay for what you get, it's how the world works.

Wow...where this comment comes from I have no clue.

Trust me, if I want something I will work for it to get it...

No! I was agreeing with you and adding my feelings, not yelling at you. Sorry!

Around the Network
disolitude said:
darklich13 said:
What really pisses me off is the amount of money we have to pay for games because of Pirates. Imagine if new games cost $40. Think of how many more games you would buy!!

You really think piracy has that much of a price impact?

This will probably start another debate but people that pirate would not be buying 10% of the games if piracy wasn't around.

Also, some parts of the world would not even buy a game if it was 10 bucks as they don't have that kind of money.

Mabey not $20 worth, but I'm sure it makes a dent in the profits.  Every generation the price of games goes up. I wouldn't be suprised if the next generation games were $70 new.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@CommonMan

I was confused cause rarely do I meet a pirate which has the "world owes me something" attitude.

The following are most common in North America.

1. Cheap father that buys a modded system and 30 burned games so he doesnt have to buy games for his son

2. The tech guy that likes to hack things and likes to attempt to make PS2s play Xbox games...lol

3. the poor student living on campus who can't afford food let alone games

4. Import freak that like manga and japanese stuff which dont come to USA

5. Collector which doesn't like to open and scratch his game

darklich13 said:
disolitude said:
darklich13 said:
What really pisses me off is the amount of money we have to pay for games because of Pirates. Imagine if new games cost $40. Think of how many more games you would buy!!

This will probably start another debate but people that pirate would not be buying 10% of the games if piracy wasn't around.

Also, some parts of the world would not even buy a game if it was 10 bucks as they don't have that kind of money.

Mabey not $20 worth, but I'm sure it makes a dent in the profits.  Every generation the price of games goes up. I wouldn't be suprised if the next generation games were $70 new.

At least not in Germany. N64 games were just as expensive as 360 games today.

Compared to the Wii....games are getting even cheaper for the consumers.

disolitude said:

@CommonMan

I was confused cause rarely do I meet a pirate which has the "world owes me something" attitude.

1. Cheap father that buys a modded system and 30 burned games so he doesnt have to buy games for his son

2. The tech guy that likes to hack things and likes to attempt to make PS2s play Xbox games...lol

Okay, cool. My personal experience is I have 3 friends with banned boxes at the moment, and their reasoning for modding was because they pay for live and map packs, so it's okay to steal the games. Because apparently they are "owed" free games. I guess I just generalized from there.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
TT Makaveli said:
dont say that disolitude :D

Like I have 2 360s...I've bought atleast 30 games thus far (and traded back 20 or so).

I've paid my dues. I deserve a lick of the sugar cube... :)

I'm kidding of course. I wouldn't bother getting a 360 thats modded cause i learned the golden rule when I was playing copied games for my dreamcast and ps2.

The rule is that I only play if I pay.

Ew. I'm not licking that cube after you.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

My Wii is modded...guess how many games I have pirated...none.

I can't play games I haven't bought.

Was the exactly the same last gen with my modded Ps2(well that was only for playing NA games on my PAL PS2)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Barozi said:
darklich13 said:
disolitude said:
darklich13 said:

At least not in Germany. N64 games were just as expensive as 360 games today.

Compared to the Wii....games are getting even cheaper for the consumers.

That was becuase they were on cartridge.  I remember most playstation one games were around $40.  But there is inflation too

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

CommonMan said:
disolitude said:

@CommonMan

Okay, cool. My personal experience is I have 3 friends with banned boxes at the moment, and their reasoning for modding was because they pay for live and map packs, so it's okay to steal the games. Because apparently they are "owed" free games. I guess I just generalized from there.

lol, yeah thats silly of them. Tell them that you paid for the car, and you want free gas! See what they think... :)

hold on disolitude just a few more weeks, you know itll definately be well worth the wait =)