By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The thing that pisses me off the most about game pirates...

I still haven't heard any reason you should get something for free, just more explanations how it doesn't hurt anybody. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter to you.

Around the Network

^^Do you pay for your oxygen too?

Senlis said:
I still haven't heard any reason you should get something for free, just more explanations how it doesn't hurt anybody. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter to you.

If you can get something free why the hell not? I don't see a problem with it. Wanna start paying me for every time you take a piss?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Senlis said:

If you can get something free why the hell not? I don't see a problem with it. Wanna start paying me for every time you take a piss?

I do.  For the water it takes to flush my toilet.

vlad321 said:
Senlis said:

Did you pay for your PC? You could have gotten it free, but would you have willingly stolen it?

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Senlis said:

Downloading gives us the option to spend the money on the developers that deserve our money as we save money from not buying crap games that we later regret buying and then cant afford to buy something we actually like.

Downloading gives the power back to the consumer. The exception in this are those who download and never pay for anything and I am fine with that as long as i can download games and buy the ones that are well deserved of mine hard earned money.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

disolitude said:
CommonMan said:
disolitude said:

@CommonMan

I was confused cause rarely do I meet a pirate which has the "world owes me something" attitude.

The following are most common in North America.

1. Cheap father that buys a modded system and 30 burned games so he doesnt have to buy games for his son

2. The tech guy that likes to hack things and likes to attempt to make PS2s play Xbox games...lol

3. the poor student living on campus who can't afford food let alone games

4. Import freak that like manga and japanese stuff which dont come to USA

5. Collector which doesn't like to open and scratch his game

Okay, cool. My personal experience is I have 3 friends with banned boxes at the moment, and their reasoning for modding was because they pay for live and map packs, so it's okay to steal the games. Because apparently they are "owed" free games. I guess I just generalized from there.

lol, yeah thats silly of them. Tell them that you paid for the car, and you want free gas! See what they think... :)

Do you mind making a copy of your gas for me?

Farmageddon said:
I don't get the morality issue whenever you pirate something you'd never buy otherwise, no matter the reason.

I mean, how can it be morally wrong to get for free something someone else did and wants money from when it's actually doing them absolutely no harm? It's more like the other way around, actually, if you ask me. See, you make a game. Now there's this guy who's never gonna buy your game, but he does want to play it and has the means to do so, without doing you or your product no harm. Would you really deny it? Why? How can that be moral?

Hell, we are talking about a business already, bringing morality to the table makes no sense to begin with.

Yeah you're right, the pirates wouldn't buy it in the first place because they can illegally download it for FREE. It is a choice.
Some people never buy any games and pirate them all. Are you saying that if it was impossible to pirate the games then they wouldn't buy any?
They are not entitled to something even if they weren't going to buy it anyway.
I don't understand how people try to justify stealing. I have pirated some songs, do I think what  did was right? No because it's ILLEGAL.

Anyways, people who think the used game business is worse:

How would the game industry fair if every single person pirated vs. every single person buying used copies.
Obviously the gaming business would die if everyone pirated.

Senlis said:
Ok, if you want to argue on a morality level:

How do you justify taking a product that somebody made without paying for it. A product that the designer wants you to pay for.

Try to avoid using "I am just demo-ing it" or "Other people do it" or "Other people buy used games which is just as bad" or "It really doesn't hurt the industry". All of these are shallow answers that really doesn't answer the question. Also, try not to give off a sense of entitlement because I don't think anyone is entitled to anything somebody else makes unless they give or sell it to you, no matter how unreasonable the price or conditions of the sale. In other words, if you don't like the price or DRM, then you can go buy something else.

Ever bought a used game? As far as the developers are concerned you might as well be pirating it.

AdventWolf said:

Anyways, people who think the used game business is worse:

How would the game industry fair if every single person pirated vs. every single person buying used copies.
Obviously the gaming business would die if everyone pirated.

This is the problem with the Categorical Imperitive.

If everyone was a plumber, then we would all starve to death. Therefore, nobody should be allowed to be a plumber.