By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama approval at 49/46, lowest in December for first-year president

Jski said:
Rath said:
Personally I don't think this decline is unexpected - his policies have started but not finished in almost all areas and there were unrealistic expectations that he would somehow save the world in a day.

He should see a recovery beginning in mid-2010 if he manages to get his bills through and if the economy begins to recover. His approval from here basically depends on three things, the economic recovery, the war in Afghanistan and if the effects of his healthcare bill are felt.

I wander what do you think of the other pardy that is trying to get in the way so they are slowing down the procese of the healthcare bill. I mean they are trying to avoed good will of this seasion at this point lol.

Deny the healthcare bill might actually be an act of goodwill if you look at the facts... and the actual numbers of people who are without healthcare as shown by the government records.

I've already broke it down once before on this site... but if you go to the report.  You'll see the VAST majority of people who are counted without health insurance are...

A) Illegal Immigrants.

B) Do have healthcare but don't count it.

C) Between jobs, and usually only don't have health insurance for about 3 months.

D) 3X or higher above the poverty line.

You can actually break down the numbers yourself... and they actually give you a lot of the tools and information to do so in the report when stating the reports flaws.

Around the Network

So its good will to deny pepole health care or maybe you mean to take away the ability for a doctor to work on some one to get them beyond stablise? Or do you mean only human who have money or pay into taxes i mean the idea of the season is to only give to thoughts who already have. See all though food drives and charity just going to pepole who have a grate life already. And all there good will is nothing more then make themselves feel better. At least that how it seems your putting it.

Dont fool your self you can read the number how you want to read them but the simple truth is people are scared who already has will not have as much as they had before.

We live in wendefull times its just people quicly forget how bad things can be.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

kowenicki said:
He couldn't have possibly lived up to the, frankly hysterical, hype... and he hasn't.... by a long way!

This

Jski said:

So its good will to deny pepole health care or maybe you mean to take away the ability for a doctor to work on some one to get them beyond stablise? Or do you mean only human who have money or pay into taxes i mean the idea of the season is to only give to thoughts who already have. See all though food drives and charity just going to pepole who have a grate life already. And all there good will is nothing more then make themselves feel better. At least that how it seems your putting it.

Dont fool your self you can read the number how you want to read them but the simple truth is people are scared who already has will not have as much as they had before.

We live in wendefull times its just people quicly forget how bad things can be.

As it currently stands.  The healthcare bill is going to spend a trillion dollars in 10 years.  For a few million people.

You could accomplish virtually the same thing for MUCH cheaper if you did the following.

A) Educate people about Medicare and Medicaid.  Over 10 million people without insurance qualify for these programs.

B) Clearly define acceptable "Prexisting conditions" if any, and have either a government solution for these people or mandate a fixed premium that could be charged on them.

C) Slightly extend Medicare benefits.  Possibly increasing the wealth burden/adjust for states cost.

Such a solution would be much cheaper... and cover everybody... who wants insurance.

Well except poor illegal aliens, but this plan doesn't help them either. 

Passing plan that costs hundreds of billions that will also raise the prices of insurance... is not a great idea, when really all you need are a few minor tweaks.

Well i amuse they where human too and intidtal to something....
You do realize if more pepole do go into these plans set up now the price to run them will go up so i am not sure where the savings are coming from in your idea.... If you want to get seoures about using medicare and medicaid a lot more we need to go in and look at standers of living that has not been changes in (i want to say 10 years or longer) and set the requirement much higher caps they they got now because 15k now is nothing a person let alone a family could live off of.
One thing i wanted to ask what is wrong with government running things? Do you believe in the one vote system? If they are not doing what you want them to be doing then they do not make it the next year that how our system was set up and it works well. It may not be perfect but dam it its the best thing we got so far. And this is the main idea i wanted to bring up yes you can find fault and flaw in every thing but its a hell of a lot better then doing nothing at all. I feel this can be applied to all presidents. They are human and they have lots of odds to work agents. They must keep the publican happily they must keep congress happily and not make them feel as if they are endanger to not making it the next year. Its ok to criticize base off postly that has been done but this is more near the end of there term not the begging and this is still the begging he has not done too much but he is trying.
Did you guys really think that the wold can changes over night let alone one year and that all the problems of the world will be gone?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

Also, something to consider about "when times are bad."

When times are bad.

People have less money. Which means the taxes used to pay for healthcare hurt more.

This plan does not give the government pricing rights... so medical costs will still be the same. Higher actually do to the extra infrastructure put in by the plan. Estimates show that our spending per GDP for healthcare will skyrocket even higher when this is put through. White House estimates.

C) To get the AMA to go along with this healthcare proposal they had to bribe them by promising to rollback medicare and medicaid payments. Meaning the government had to agree to pay more then they originally were going to for this stuff. Medicare and Medicaid being the biggest insurer in the country... which also means increased taxes.

The problem with Obama is that a first term senator whose previous political experience was extorting money from businesses to give handouts to his supporters was a poor, poor choice for president.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

outlawauron said:
supercat said:
Nixon and somebody else. But for obama not to get a 2nd term he'd have to really mess things up.....most get a free ride into a 2nd term.

Bush Sr.

lolwut

Why has no one corrected this before?  Not only did Carter and Ford before him serve single terms after Nixon (and before Bush Sr. obviously), but Nixon was reelected even if he didn't serve his full second term.  AND Nixon's presidency ended well before "3 decades" ago (1979). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Bush Sr. was THE most popular president EVER his first term. His approval ratings were near 90% after the Gulf War. Then the economy tanked.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Final-Fan said:
outlawauron said:
supercat said:
Nixon and somebody else. But for obama not to get a 2nd term he'd have to really mess things up.....most get a free ride into a 2nd term.

Bush Sr.

lolwut

Why has no one corrected this before?  Not only did Carter and Ford before him serve single terms after Nixon (and before Bush Sr. obviously), but Nixon was reelected even if he didn't serve his full second term.  AND Nixon's presidency ended well before "3 decades" ago (1979). 

Laziness... I thought someone else would do it... and after a while... eh...

Plus i didn't want to remind someone else of historys greatest monster.