By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama approval at 49/46, lowest in December for first-year president

Is that a bad thing though. We need some one in there doing things and not just keeping the way things are.
One thing i would like to point out a lot of independents like to call them self that but most of the time they are voting for one party over and over making them not really independent.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

Personally I don't think this decline is unexpected - his policies have started but not finished in almost all areas and there were unrealistic expectations that he would somehow save the world in a day.

He should see a recovery beginning in mid-2010 if he manages to get his bills through and if the economy begins to recover. His approval from here basically depends on three things, the economic recovery, the war in Afghanistan and if the effects of his healthcare bill are felt.

Way too much hype to live up to, lots of disappointments all around. Oh and also, the leader of the right wing, Rush Limbaugh, said he hoped that Obama would fail, so I'm pretty sure all the Sunday Christians/Republicans think the same thing. And Sunday Christians make up the majority of America. I know this due to the overwhelming support for a ban on gay marraige.

Common -

What is a 'Sunday Christian'? Under 35% of Americans regularly attend a church. It may surprise you, but some people that are not church goers oppose gay marriage in America.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Rath said:
Personally I don't think this decline is unexpected - his policies have started but not finished in almost all areas and there were unrealistic expectations that he would somehow save the world in a day.

He should see a recovery beginning in mid-2010 if he manages to get his bills through and if the economy begins to recover. His approval from here basically depends on three things, the economic recovery, the war in Afghanistan and if the effects of his healthcare bill are felt.

I wander what do you think of the other pardy that is trying to get in the way so they are slowing down the procese of the healthcare bill. I mean they are trying to avoed good will of this seasion at this point lol.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

With a 4% error he could have a negative rating.

mrstickball said:
Common -

What is a 'Sunday Christian'? Under 35% of Americans regularly attend a church. It may surprise you, but some people that are not church goers oppose gay marriage in America.

Sunday Christians are the people who go to church on the occasional Sunday, or even less, just on holidays for some people. These people then use their "Christianity" as an excuse for whatever action they want to take. Basically hiding behind Jesus rather than using him as an example. For instance, I believe after having spent many hours in church and studying the bible as a kid that Jesus himself may not even oppose it. He was a controversial guy like that, and tended to care about people rather than organizations.

I agree that people that are not church goers currently oppose gay marraige, but do you think they think of themselves as non-religious? Most likely they had a similar upbringing to me, going to church on Sundays and Sunday school, the whole bit. Just because they aren't currently attending doesn't mean that they have to religious influence on them. I mean, 44% of people believe in Intelligent Design (this was a survey in National Geographic), which you pretty much have to be religious to believe in. "Christians" need to listen to Jesus more, and Rush Limbaugh less. 

CommonMan said:
Way too much hype to live up to, lots of disappointments all around. Oh and also, the leader of the right wing, Rush Limbaugh, said he hoped that Obama would fail, so I'm pretty sure all the Sunday Christians/Republicans think the same thing. And Sunday Christians make up the majority of America. I know this due to the overwhelming support for a ban on gay marraige.

I think 5 states allow gay marriage now. I don't care one way are the other. I personally don't trust any politican. They just tell you what they want you to hear,then once they get elected they flip-flop and do there own thing. That's why I don't vote,because I'm just to cynical toward any politican.

halogamer1989 said:
Obama is losing Independents on a 2:1 margin and seniors by a wide majority. Generic ballot polls for 12-13-09 are 44% R to 37% D. That is a 7 pt swing in less than 1 yr. Id this continues, 2010 will feature huge Democratic losses and a message to the White House to prepare for 2012 and a top-notch (hopefully Romney) challenge.

As Carville said before, "its the economy, stupid!" not healthcare, stimulus, apology, and Gitmo transfers.

Obama is touching every third rail in the first year.

Just because a lot of people may up hating Obama... it doesn't mean they won't hate Romney more.

See Bush V Kerry.

There is a reason I call Mitt Romney the Republican John Kerry.

Actually there is a ton of reasons.  There strikingly similar.

Given the two i know i'd vote for Obama.

CommonMan said:

Actually, a large group of people who voted for Obama are the people who vote against gay marriage.

See California.  It's anti-gay marriage law passed mostly because of the homophobia of the African American community.