The puppy.. 22 88.00%

Total:25
blaydcor said:
Ps3 said:
blaydcor said:
Ps3 said:
blaydcor said:
Ps3 said:

That wasn't nice. My singers aren't crappy.. They rule the music world.

No, they rule the crumbling, illusory institution of mainstream music, an industry which is largely driven by teenagers who have little-to-no taste in music and, once they do acquire it, abandon most industry darling bands/singers for deeper/better/more real stuff.

It's not crumbling! It's evolving! You no longer need a penis to be successful in the music world and that hurts people!

Even better, you no longer need expensive recording studios, record labels, or mainstream radio exposure (thanks internet). And that hurts people!

You just contradicted yourself..

Feel free to point out how.

You said music is shitty now a days and you just said you no longer need expensive recording stupids and record labels!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Awesome, it's a "Let's be edgy and bash mainstream music!" thread.

Let's see.. Hmm, Hmmmm

*Taylor Swift is the SUXORS.

That is all.

*The following is not an attack on Taylor Swift but an attempt to be relevant in this thread.

that was funny though! lol cause Taylor is a musical genius. I love her.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:
Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:

It's not crumbling! It's evolving! You no longer need a penis to be successful in the music world and that hurts people!

How dare you reduce the efforts and achievements of female artists up to this point in that way? Do you realize how reductive and sexist you're being in dismissing the artists who came before now?

I'm not dismissing them! I'm sorry if you took it that way mam! Oh my goodness no, but the music world used to be ruled by most males until a few years ago.

Female pop artists have been extremely popular, even chart-topping, for decades! They're just not remembered because they are pop artists and there's baout one pop artist in fifty, or a hundred, who are actually worth remembering.

I cannot believe you managed to put someone like Taylor Swift on a pedestal of accomplishment above Aretha "Sings for Jesus" Franklin. I think my eyes are boiling in my head

Actually, SmokedHostage, I'm continuing an ongoing argument with Ps3 where he repeatedly insists that sales=talent. I'm simply arguing that that isn't true; neither is the reverse. Talent/good music is not restricted or defined by genre or mainstream success.

But, hey, thanks for your snarky attempts at being clever.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
Actually, SmokedHostage, I'm continuing an ongoing argument with Ps3 where he repeatedly insists that sales=talent. I'm simply arguing that that isn't true; neither is the reverse. Talent/good music is not restricted or defined by genre or mainstream success.

Taylors music could sell nothing and still be as good as The Beatles or Pink Floyd.. Facts are facts.

I'm not trying to be snarky!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:
Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:

How dare you reduce the efforts and achievements of female artists up to this point in that way? Do you realize how reductive and sexist you're being in dismissing the artists who came before now?

I'm not dismissing them! I'm sorry if you took it that way mam! Oh my goodness no, but the music world used to be ruled by most males until a few years ago.

Female pop artists have been extremely popular, even chart-topping, for decades! They're just not remembered because they are pop artists and there's baout one pop artist in fifty, or a hundred, who are actually worth remembering.

I cannot believe you managed to put someone like Taylor Swift on a pedestal of accomplishment above Aretha "Sings for Jesus" Franklin. I think my eyes are boiling in my head

I didn't say all female artists. You are twisting my words. There have been several successful females, but in 2009 females are the biggest in music, where in the 70's the males were bigger.

blaydcor said:

I agree with you, I was just trying to be funny.

And apparently I failed miserably.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ps3 said:

You said music is shitty now a days and you just said you no longer need expensive recording stupids and record labels!

BLAYDCOR'S STATEMENTS:

1)Mainstream music, while it obviously has good songs/talented artists, is, for the most part, pretty bad and commercially, not creatively, driven. Music is often mindless and bad, lots of one hit wonders and all that.

2)Thanks to meteoric improvements in recording technology, just a couple of dudes who can play guitar can record a song with quality production levels on a laptop.

3)Thanks to the internet, said dudes/girls/whatever can directly distribute their music to listeners with record labels as the middle man.

Again, feel free to point out where I contradict myself. And please. Don't twist me saying that mainstream music is largely vapid into "music is shitty nowadays". 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

SmokedHostage said:
blaydcor said:

I agree with you, I was just trying to be funny.

And apparently I failed miserably.

Cheer up cub scout! I thought you were funny! lol

blaydcor said:
Ps3 said:

BLAYDCOR'S STATEMENTS:

1)Mainstream music, while it obviously has good songs/talented artists, is, for the most part, pretty bad and commercially, not creatively, driven. Music is often mindless and bad, lots of one hit wonders and all that.

2)Thanks to meteoric improvements in recording technology, just a couple of dudes who can play guitar can record a song with quality production levels on a laptop.

3)Thanks to the internet, said dudes/girls/whatever can directly distribute their music to listeners with record labels as the middle man.

Again, feel free to point out where I contradict myself. And please. Don't twist me saying that mainstream music is largely vapid into "music is shitty nowadays". 

That's pretty much saying music today is shitty.. but whatever you like is what you like and that is your business! Maybe if non signed artists worked harder they would make it.