By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As was already pointed out, she ripped off Uffie (and did a terrible job of it). Also, being high on the charts has nothing to do with quality. Radio stations are essentially blackmailed into playing what music companies want them to (i.e. record companies will refuse to give them freebies like CDs, concert passes/tickets, shirts, etc. unless they play what they want them too). Being played on the radio simply means you belong to the right company who thinks you can be a pop success, nothing else. If you doubt that, look at Black Eyed Peas. Does anyone honestly think people just happened to start liking 3 different songs off of the album one after the other like that? No, UMG is just trying to raise awareness about the album (i.e. BY THIS) and promote different types of songs on the album, hoping to interest a broad demographic. It's all marketing.

Around the Network

I posted on the "Post your mind" thread forever ago that "Kesha can't sing but I love the song Tick Tock (sic)".

That still stands. I thought it ripped off "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga (Georgia Georgia), myself.

That so-called "song" was one of the most painful things my ears have had to endure.

I guess I should thank either you or her, though - the pain was enough to make me forget about my ankle sprain for a few minutes.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Wildvine53 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Wildvine53 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Ps3 said:
Madman - how dare you call her a skank!? You don't know her. You have no respect for women!

Just look at her!

She's gross.

Thats Ke$ha!?!?!?!?!? maybe its just a bad picture, but she looks...um... dirty

She looks like that all the time. It's like they just scooped her up off the street at night.

Dang, that last picture says it all

Damn ...

mM
Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
The only current female pop singer with real talent is Beyonce!

Yes, Yes, Yes! Ive been saying this for ages, and if anyone has seen her live they'l know what Im talking about. It defo say that she is the biggest popstar on the planet at the minute, and is going to take Madonnas crown by the time she's finished. Must say, its nice to see someone with real good vocals doing well, most popular artists can't sing. (Gaga, Britney Spears etc.)

I guess the definition of musical giant has a few loopholes. When she comes out with a string of hits and 4or 5 multi-million selling albums then start calling her a musical giant.

Taz! said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Yes, Yes, Yes! Ive been saying this for ages, and if anyone has seen her live they'l know what Im talking about. It defo say that she is the biggest popstar on the planet at the minute, and is going to take Madonnas crown by the time she's finished. Must say, its nice to see someone with real good vocals doing well, most popular artists can't sing. (Gaga, Britney Spears etc.)

click on my sig please

mM

I hate the whole world of music celebrities and fame. It's not primarily focused on the music. Part of it is appearance, style, and gossip.

I really don't see why one "rising musical giant" is a big deal when there's tons and tons of talented musicians out there. Anyone really interested in music will go out of there way to find the good stuff.

When you enter the world of digital music production, it'll change the way you look at mainstream music. You'll realize that these music celebrities really arn't as talented as the music industry wants you to think.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

leo-j said:
Taz! said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

click on my sig please

Ok, so she's not as bad as I thought. She has been crap live before though, at Glastonbury here in the UK she was turd. Anyway, compare her to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-HiVDuRIc (Beyonce from 1:25)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_CCBnTnS0 

Not to mention Beyonce is classier than her, can dance better and has better music videos. Anyway lol, thats enough from me :)