By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Poll - What country makes the best games?

What country makes the best games?

Canada 875 10.96%

France 424 5.31%

Japan 3,808 47.68%

United Kingdom 520 6.51%

United States 2,022 25.32%

Other 338 4.23%

Total:7,987

In the modern videogame market, developers from various countries compete with each other to earn the consumer dollar. These companies range from the likes of Electronic Arts and Activision in the United States, Nintendo, Capcom, and other giants in Japan, Bioware in Canada, Lionhead Studios and Media Molecule in the United Kingdom, and Ubisoft in France. Each company and each country has brought something great to our living rooms, so now it's time to vote for which country produces the best games.

What country makes the best games?

Canada

France

Japan

United Kingdom

United States

Other

If you don't know what each country has produced, here's a rundown:

Canada: Bioware series (Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age: Origins, etc.), several games in the Need for Speed, Fifa, and Company of Heroes series, Bully, 1942: Joint Strike, and the Assassin's Creed series.

France: Rayman, Moto Racer, Beyond Good and Evil, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Quantic Dream games (Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain).

Japan: Nintendo series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.), Sony series, Capcom games such as Street Fighter and Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Team ICO games , Suda 51 titles, etc.

United Kingdom: Banjo Kazooie series (or anything developed by Rare), Burnout, Grand Theft Auto series, Runescape, Lego series, Motorstorm series, Project Gotham Racing, LittleBigPlanet, Timesplitters, Wipeout, Lionhead Studios, Rocksteady Studios.

United States: Series by EA and Activision (Halo, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc.), Bethesda Studios, THQ, Blizzard Entertainment, etc.

Around the Network

Japan easily, but losing steam.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

america

united states

You forgot to mention Naughty Dog, who work in the UK, Put Uncharted 2 up there!!
I would say that UK games are really starting to get better than some Jap games now, so I giving my vote to the UK, before tho is the PS2 era it was Japan games easily tho;)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Canada baby, Ubisoft Montreal, Bioware and EA Canada are very strong devs.

Around the Network

Japan for me.
USA and UK at second place.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

jneul said:

You forgot to mention Naughty Dog, who work in the UK, Put Uncharted 2 up there, Also put up Media Molecule(LBP) another great UK based dev.
I would say that UK games are really starting to get better than some Jap games now, so I giving my vote to the UK, before tho is the PS2 era it was Japan games easily tho;)

Naughty Dog is based in the United States, and I was just giving a general list and being lazy. I think most people know what countries make which games, I was just giving some examples.

Definitely USA has been pumping out my favorites this gen.

But in past gens, I would give it to Japan.

Japan

EASILY

@montana

I thought naughty dog was australian

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MontanaHatchet said:
jneul said:

You forgot to mention Naughty Dog, who work in the UK, Put Uncharted 2 up there, Also put up Media Molecule(LBP) another great UK based dev.

Naughty Dog is based in the United States, and I was just giving a general list and being lazy. I think most people know what countries make which games, I was just giving some examples.

oops could have swore they was uk based, oh well my bad:):)

i should have checked first it is even on wikipedia lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Dog

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1