By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy Demo out now! Go to gamestop this instant!

I just played it for a half hour or so before I got kicked out, it is sooooo incredible. Remember the feeling you got the first time you played Mario 64? I have that feeling right now.

Brief impressions:

It was very disorienting at first the way everything flips around so much, but I got used to it pretty quick. 

Everything is beautiful in it.Mario is animated fantastically, everything he does, every flip, jump move he does looks fluid and fun.

It's alot more challenging than I thought. I played long enough to get a couple of stars in the first galaxy and I died like 3 or 4 times. This is in the first level.

Seriously, go now. Play. Love it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Nice lil review, however I live in England and don't even have a Wii. Shall be a logn while before I get to play SMG.

Come to America! We have powdered donuts distributed in sacks, and Mario comes out in days!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

its been in gamestops for about 2 weeks now

Not in any ones around here, and I haven't heard anybody talk about it here until yesterday when there was all of the sudden a number of reports.

Around the Network

I just went to Gamestop, and the kiosks weren't working!

*Sobs*

MontanaHatchet said:
I just went to Gamespot, and the kiosks weren't working!

*Sobs*

Well there's your problem. You should have gone to GameStop instead of GameSpot.

I'm sorry, I had to do it. :-p

I might be able to finally play it today if my mom let's me pre-order. I was supposed to pre-order last weekend, and the weekend before that, and the weekend before that...

I want to go to gamestop today just to play it.

I went to 2 Gamestops...one's kiosk was off, the other's was on!

Unfortunately it was a bad copy or something, there was some artifacting on the screen. I did play though, and once I started moving around, the glitches were minimal...hardly affected my pure enjoyment.

It was amazing! I only got to play for about 10 minutes, as there was a bit of a wait, but I got good impressions from what I played. I want more though!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

There's a GameStop a block from my school and I popped in every day and their Wii was broken. Finally a couple days ago their Nintendo rep came in to fix it, found it beyond repair, and gave them a new one. This was actually good, because now they attached the remote and nunchuck to the kiosk so I don't have to give them my ID to play it. I clocked in maybe 15-20 minutes and the game IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. I got 2 stars in the beehive galaxy and I did the manta ray race and a couple "regular" levels. So damn good. I can't wait.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.