By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Gran Turismo 5 ) Gets Summer 2010 Release

Although a lot will be disappointed by the "delay" from expected spring release, this is a good idea by Sony.  Just WAY TOO MANY games already coming out in the spring to release GT:5 at the same time.  Spread it out and keep the momentum going.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

In the middle of the summer lull? May be a good idea to drive sales a little in a slow time of year but it'll cost them a massive opening week imo. Its a gamble in my opinion.
No matter, I'm getting it anyway on day 1...

If it get's released in late summer like August or September I think FFXIII will lose the crown for most imported title this gen. And I just realized something, I could have sworn they did at some point but they haven't given a specific date in March for the Japanese release. What if it's the same week as FFXIII in the west?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=94464&page=1&str=115995715#

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Its smart that the are spreading out their big games like in 2008. It keeps the sales higher for all the games while always having a good game come out.

darthdevidem01 said:
OMG OMG OMG

PLEASE BE LATE JUNE so my exams will be over

not august or soemthing stupid like that!

THIS!

I believe my major exams are in April so GT5 releasing in June/July would be PERFECT!!

Around the Network

Can I just import the Japanese version, or would it not work in an American console?

Anyways this is bull shit. Why is it coming 3-6 months after the Japanese version? That's sooooo stupid.

hope its late summer aug-sept and not jun-july

the later the better it will be for holiday season HW boost and its going to need it with possible 360 price cutting and natal bundles

great news for ps fans although it took em a while

wonder if therell be a gt6 b4 the gen is done or will they just update gt5 with dlc

Play Me

I don't think GT6 should arrive this gen. GT5 will supply me with enough gameplay for 5 years.