By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Casamassina: Nintendo is Lazy!

the problem is all of you who thinks that everything is ok ,no it is not.nintendo is a bit lazy and everyone in this situation could be.but all of you should blame nintendo for the wii points newest cost- for the simple and not charm enough nsmb wii graphics for nintendo standars -for the super hyper extra lazy gc ports like mario tennis-

Around the Network

I greatly appreciated Pimin 2 NPC - I didn't play the original and I loved the wii controls. They didn't feel remotely tacked on. In fact, I find it hard to imagine playing that game with the gamecube controller!

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Anyway, on topic...
"Nintendo is Lazy and You Don't Care"

It's true. I don't care. I will continue to give them my money, because they continue to deliver the most worthwhile experiences for me this gen. Oh no, the Wii won't produce Dolby Digital sound! Fuck! I don't even know what the hell that is.

If the HD consoles are where one feels the best games are at, then they should purchase one and stick to it. Nobody is being forced to buy or play the Wii.

If one feels Nintendo has abandoned them, that's unfortunate. These things happen. I'd prefer if they cried amongst those that share the same sentiment, though, instead of pretending all Nintendo fans are in the same boat. Personally, I'm not spilling any tears over the lack of limbs on Miis.

Also, I nearly forgot about Pikmin 2, I haven't played it yet. I'll add the NPC to my wishlist. Thanks for the reminder, Matt!

It is incredible how nintendo fanboys really have the power to defend every little thing nintendo does.

"He just told a room full of reporters that the only reason gamers must play as multi-colored versions of Toad instead of Peach or other beloved Mushroom Kingdom characters is because Toad has the same body shape as Mario and it was simply easier for Nintendo to recycle him."

Oh please, that's just dumb. They wanted all characters to have the same mechanics, so they went with Toads because it feels more natural. It's a design decision, and a legitimate one. I bet it would feel very out of place if peach controlled just like Mario.

And about NPC, I mean, everyone wanted that. Of course they released more of those than new games, because it's a lot faster, but really, they didn't favor the old games instead of the new ones, so it's a really dumb complaint in my opinion. Also, the Wii is selling a lot more than the GC, so the idea is to let the new adopters play the great games they missed, only better. I doubt anyone who hasn't played any of these games thinks it's bad, Matt simply misses the point.

Around the Network

I don't know if lazy is the right word. Mininum effort, minimum cost, minimum risk, maximum reward... sounds like smart to me.

Of course Nintendo can get away with it because they're Nintendo. The last two years have been absolutely terrible for Wii. I guess Nintendo fans are used to it from the N64/Cube days, but I'm not. Looking at the Wii GOTY nominations thread just makes me sad. Next year looks better.

And yes, that is the best gif ever.

Farmageddon said:
"He just told a room full of reporters that the only reason gamers must play as multi-colored versions of Toad instead of Peach or other beloved Mushroom Kingdom characters is because Toad has the same body shape as Mario and it was simply easier for Nintendo to recycle him."

Oh please, that's just dumb. They wanted all characters to have the same mechanics, so they went with Toads because it feels more natural. It's a design decision, and a legitimate one. I bet it would feel very out of place if peach controlled just like Mario.

And about NPC, I mean, everyone wanted that. Of course they released more of those than new games, because it's a lot faster, but really, they didn't favor the old games instead of the new ones, so it's a really dumb complaint in my opinion.

It is incredible how nintendo fanboys really have the power to defend every thing nintendo does, no matter how good or bad.

maykissthebride said:
Farmageddon said:

And about NPC, I mean, everyone wanted that. Of course they released more of those than new games, because it's a lot faster, but really, they didn't favor the old games instead of the new ones, so it's a really dumb complaint in my opinion.

It is incredible how nintendo fanboys really have the power to defend every thing nintendo does, no matter how good or bad.

You already said that. Nobody cared then, and nobody cares now.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
maykissthebride said:
Farmageddon said:

It is incredible how nintendo fanboys really have the power to defend nintendo at any sight of somebody not willing to love Nintendo the same way as they do.

maykissthebride said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
maykissthebride said:
Farmageddon said:

It is incredible how nintendo fanboys really have the power to defend nintendo at any sight of somebody not willing to love Nintendo the same way as they do.

All you do is whine, so it's hard to take you seriously. This will be the last post I adress to you, at least in this thread. Hopefully you can man up and understand why instead of repeating the same childish line once more.