By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Casamassina: Nintendo is Lazy!

This topic caused a lollercoster in GAF before it went locked. Anyway I'm wondering if Nintendo is going to answer this considering the past relations with the page (like the Nintendo minute) but probably not.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
Wow, Matt is such a huge Nintendo fanboy at IGN, such a fanboy that any time I heard him in any podcast I just felt like turning it off, but for him to say what he said in this article...just wow, looks like he's opened his eyes to the reality and is starting to get the shits with the company he loves.

Methinks you have this man confused with somebody anybody else.

...What is this? I can't stop watching.

hsrob said:
I feel i've read this article before. Matt is lazy!

Yeah, I thought I remembered him throwing out a similar editorial last year. I didn't read that one either.

famousringo: (laughs)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

If Matt hates Nintendo this much... who does he actually like? And why?

And was this a personal blog type thing, or is he acting as the voice of IGN when he says this horribly misinformed intentionally trolling stuff?

His words are like daggers into my sensitive Nintenheart.

He thinks NSMBWii plays exactly like the DS version? Has he played the game? The flick to spin changes the entire game on its own. The new power-ups make it entirely unique. How on Earth can someone think it handles the same? It is like saying SMW plays the same as SMB3. On a certain level it is true, but that all changes when you actually start trying to perform the more advanced tricks.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
patjuan32 said:
It's kind of odd that Matt calls out Nintendo yet he's never written any articles attacking Ubisoft, EA, Activision or any third party that has been guilty of flooding the Wii with Shovelware. Why do these companies get a free pass? Until Matt becomes an adult and calls out third parties for their laziness, he's always going to a whiny punk in my eyes.

I could care less about what he has to say.

You mean 'couldn't care less'

Is this an American thing? So many people say 'I could care less' on forums and they're nearly always from the US. If you think about it it makes no sense to say could care less. Couldn't care less, now that's where it's at.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

c0rd said:
noname2200 said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
Wow, Matt is such a huge Nintendo fanboy at IGN, such a fanboy that any time I heard him in any podcast I just felt like turning it off, but for him to say what he said in this article...just wow, looks like he's opened his eyes to the reality and is starting to get the shits with the company he loves.

Methinks you have this man confused with somebody anybody else.

...What is this? I can't stop watching.

I have the exact same problem XD It's like the best gif I've ever seen, and I don't even know why...

Dammit, he finally caught the hardcore-disease. That's what happens when you are aroumd people who are infected

Very good article, he nailed it.

PS.
I do own a Wii (and all other Nintendo consoles/handhelds except for Virtual Boy).

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to add: Nintendo is lazy, and so are most other developers as far as Wii is concerned. And who could blame them? Wii is a cash cow; no matter how crappy a game is, a couple of hundred thousand uniformed (=ignorant) people are going to buy it anyway.

I think Wii is fine as a secondary console during this generation, you just have to observe one simple rule: Watch out for shovelware and do NOT buy any Wii games that originated on PS3/360.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance