By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP reviews Super Mario Galaxy - 9.5

Is this from the same guy who wrote ten reasons why mario will be GOTY?

Anyway, I'm waiting for IGNs review

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9506&start=0#end

I put up a thread for all reviews.

Site's Avg Ratio For WII: 59.2%
GR Avg Ratio for WII titles this site has reviewed: 68.8%
Difference: -9.5%
Number of WII Reviews Higher than the Average: 13
Number of WII Reviews Lower than the Average: 46

I'll reserve final judgement until I play the game for myself. Judging from what I've been reading from the Japanese goons, this game should *easily* be game of the year and get better ratings that Halo, keeping 1up's Wii hatred in tact at 9.5.

Did anyone else find nothing negative in this review? I don't understand how they can give a game a 9.5 when they can't find anything negative not a month after giving Halo a 10 and complaining about the campaign mode being polished but mediocre? I like the review, and it's well written, but damn they aren't helping me respect their site's scoring system when they do stupid stuff like this.

Don't get me wrong. I doubt I will score the game higher than a 9.5 myself, but I'm not 1UP and I'm not a professional review source. Professional review sources should be consistent. If you can't find anything to complain about in the game, and spend the whole review claiming it's the best platformer ever, then what did you use as a basis for the 9.5? Is there some 1UP company policy that prevents Nintendo games from scoring 10s?

Around the Network

boss dont get panties twisted it was a joke

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

@Naznatips,

I thought the same things, but then I remembered thats why I don't bother considering someone elses "score" when I buy a game. Besides, its only going to lead to folks saying "oh just be happy with the score!!!". Despite the fact that based on what they wrote the game deserves the full 10, especially in context with other reviews.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Oh nooooes, I've tried to not get as much information about the content of this game but now I saw the fireball :( That is so totally awesome :D

I wonder if the same old sound from Super Mario World is still there :)

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

To hell with reviews bad and good.

The only review that counts is your own. Never forget that.

John Lucas gives Super Mario Galaxy 11 out of 10! 

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

GABBLE SHID GAGGLE NIGRET SHUBAABBAAA DOPANTITONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!112

I MADE A FRICKIN THREAD FOR REVIEWS AND IMPRESSIONS! YOU EVEN POSTED IN IT SORIKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 WTF!?!?!?!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you