By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FF13 Japan Sales Predictions CONTEST (5 Days to Launch!!)

Crap, I based my prediction on SE shipping 1.3 million for the first week. So which is it. 1.3 million or 1.8 million. If it's 1.8 million I have to up my prediction. If it's 1.8 million.

First Day: 1.25 million

First Week: 1.75 million

Liftetime: 2.25 million

If it is still 1.3 million shipped for the first week I stand by my original prediction.

Around the Network

ioi said:

1.3-1.4 m first week

-----------------

My prediction for first week: 1.4 m

:D

@Boutros ioi made that prediction before that 1.8 million shipment rumor was confirmed. I'm sticking to my prediction. This game will have legs and if it's selling out online than I think second week will be pretty decent. Maybe around 350k. :edit: my bad, misworded the first part. And I must have skimmed over that part of the article.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
@Boutros ioi made that prediction before that 1.3 million shipment rumor. I'm sticking to my prediction. This game will have legs and if it's selling out online than I think second week will be pretty decent. Maybe around 350k.

ioi said:

"Moving on to next week, the big new release in Japan is Final Fantasy XIII. Final preorders in Japan reached 1 million units and we expect week 1 sales to be somewhere in the region of 1.3-1.4 million units – the first million-seller on PS3 in Japan to date."

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6245

This article was posted today.

Looks like I was right

1.3mil first day
1.5mil first week!

Now lets see if my 2.3mil Lifetime predicition is right.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."