By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FF13 Japan Sales Predictions CONTEST (5 Days to Launch!!)

invetedlotus123 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
Just so you guys know, FF X sold 1.75 mil and dropped to 233k week 2 and FF XII sold 1.84 mil then droped to 217k. This is according to garaph numbers. So FF XIII will be very frontloaded and considering it's $100 (WTF?) there'll be tons of used copies.

I'm going 900k first day, 1.2 mil first week, 1.6-1.8 mil LTD (1.8 if it gets a good enough holiday boost. 1.6 mil very low end and if it has legs like the others despite releasing in the holidays, 1.7 mil the average).

that would make it higher than FF3 but lower than FF4

with FF15 hopefully we will be back in the 2 Million + range

So as long as the whole first FF game on a console sells better than the last game on it pattern doesn't continue. Selling even less than that would be really disappointing for the franchise and not a good sign for JRPGs in general...(besides DQ)

Lets see soriku, in general there has been a  decline of 500K in FF releases

{numbers are in Millions & are LTD sales/prediction for FF13)

FF7 - 4.0

FF8 -- 3.5

FF9 -- 2.5

FF10 -- 3.0

FF12 -- 2.5

FF13 -- 1.7 - 2.0

that would indicate FF15 would be 1.3 - 1.5 Million

Do you really think the franchise is in such rapid decline? What went wrong?

The best option may be to make FF15 PsWii

I think sales will see a rise after XIII, think, if it is successiful in holding legs and reach news audiences there will be more people waiting to buy the next fantasy. I expect for XIII to XV a similar effect of MW and MW2 WW, the series have pretty good start and with legs and word of mouth makes the series well knowed and loved, than the next one have a monster FW. Sure not in the same proportion.

Lets just hope FF13 is so amazing it leads to sucha  word of mouth, its made by the team that made the 3 - 4 Million selling FF's

Lets hope that audience realises they need to buy this game

But this is all ofcourse speculation

@soriku

If anything, the Wii FF13 will be turn based ;)

Yes I expect HUGE sales in the west, they will sell 10 Million counting re-releases & so on

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

985k first day. 1st Week there is another shipment added due to underestimated demand, so it ends up at 1.384m.

Lifetime: IDK 1.95m

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Dear lord, given the recent information that there will be a 1 million initial shipment, I have pretty low expectations for this game's sales.

1 million first day
1.3 million first week
2 million lifetime

Because of the 1 million initial shipment, I think this title may have some "legs" relatively speaking. Instead of 2 million, it could sell 2.5 million. It's the first iteration of Final Fantasy this generation. Looking back, the first iteration of a Final Fantasy in the previous two generations sold more than its successors for the respective generation (VII almost 4 million, X 3 million). I have hopes this could do 2.5 million, but I'll go with 2 million. Depending on what it does in Japan, it could do 5 or 6 million worldwide on the PS3 alone.

2011 Predictions

Wii: 17m (100 million total)

360: 13m (63 million total)

PS3: 15m (61 million total)

darthdevidem01 said:
steverhcp02 said:
hmmmm.

1.1 million first day

1.5 million first week

2.3 million LTD

Im hoping we see more LE bundles which will push sales beyond the "shipment" numbers. I also think the title will sell pretty decently through december and im hoping from what ive seen it will be quality and have about as a good of legs as a FF title can have in japan.

I hope you are correct!

but 1.5 Million Week 1 isn't possible, they are only shipping 1.3 - 1.45 Million for week 1

I just hope it has legs like you hope it will!

Im hoping for bundles to increase the numbers by 50-100k fo the week...i wanted to say 1.4 first week but the FF fanboy in me leaked out

VGChartz Predictions

First Day Sales: 1.2 million

First Week Sales: 1.7 million

Lifetime Sales: 2.9 million

Around the Network

ok guys

you have 12 HOURS To edit & cast your final votes

after 12 HOURS voting WILL be closed

1st Day: 875k

1st Week: 1.3 million

Lifetime: 1.75 million

1.8 million units first shipment confirmed. I'm glad I didn't bother changing my prediction.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

OK
Yoichi Wada has CONFIRMED the shipment is 1.8 MILLION to retailers

so anyone wanna RE-CHANGE their predictions?!

1.3 million first day

1.5 million first week

2 million ltd

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)