By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Billboard names Taylor Swift and Kanye West the female and male artistsof09

http://www.billboard.com/news/taylor-swift-kanye-west-named-top-female-1004052679.story#/news/taylor-swift-kanye-west-named-top-female-1004052679.story

Billboard's Top Female Artists of 2009

1. Taylor Swift

2. Beyonce

3. Lady Gaga

4. Miley Cyrus

5. Britney Spears

6. Pink

7. Katy Perry

8. Kelly Clarkson

9. Rihanna

10. Keri Hilson

Billboard's Top Male Artists of 2009

1. Kanye West

2. T.I.

3. Flo Rida

4. Jason Mraz

5. Ne-Yo

6. Lil Wayne

7. Pitbull

8. Jamie Foxx

9. Eminem

10. Drake

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

Is it bad that I've only heard of Jason Mraz and Kayne West out of everyone in that top 10?

Is this based on sales as well?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Don't get me wrong, TS is an amazing performer, but I'm getting tired of this. Isn't there an official TS website? Ya know, with people that actually share your passion of her music (or whatever else reason) instead of with people that mainly give a flip about video games.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Yeah, off topic has become the Taylor Swift board. It's getting kind of excessive, frankly.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Although those lists are kind of interesting. In a bad way, but still interesting.

This being billboard, is it based purely on sales?

Around the Network

I never really heard of Taylor Swift until the VMAs. Kanye made her career that day.

Does Kayne have any talent or is he just the flavor of the month rapping hooligan?
First I ever heard of him was some low talent performance on American Idol with Shakira.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Did they get to accept their awards on stage at the same time?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This was put up because Taylor Swift is at the top. Well it does seem obvious, after all it's Ps3 again.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Perhaps kanye could give his award to Beyonce.