By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Midway blames Wii shortages for slow software roll-out

That crusin screenshot is obviously cropped / increased in size from the original. Look at the jaggies -- you can count how man pixels wide that screen shot was before it was expanded in size. It's 478 pixels wide and appears to have been increased in size from ~120.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Everyone please recognize what this means, because the complaint could be reasonable.

Nintendo manufactures all the discs used to burn/produce Wii games in a factory themselves, then ships those discs to the third party software companies. Because of the Wii's exploding demand, Nintendo may not have made enough of those discs. Midway's older titles may be crunched by this problem.

That's it, and that may be a legitimate concern.

But it's so much fun to laugh at Cruis'n though...

alpha_dk said:
If you read the link I posted above, it states that a followup question was asked that clarified that it was a disc shortage.

Ah, thank you for the followup link. Looks like Nintendo does have disc shortages for its 3rd party devs.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

i seroiusly thought that screen shot was of a n64 game. i didn't even realize they made a cruisin' game for wii. but seriously, thats n64-DC graphics at best.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

if that had been the ds build we would have been all impressed

Around the Network

So maybe that is why Nintendo is hardly spending anything on ads. It cannot make the discs so it doesn't want the games to be too popular. It makes sense. She we help Nintendo by DLing the games we want and then buying them next year (if you like them) :)

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

This is just sad from Nintendo, they are making loads of money and are refusing to spend it back in the company, they just want to sit and be greedy with their money.

If this is the case, Nintendo should either look into upping their disc production, or let developers do it, since those discs have already been cracked, and this would just help sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

whoa whoa whoa....wait a minute....Midway is still making games???

Lame excuse. Why hasn't anyone else complained about this before? It should be universal and impact everyone.

$33M loss in one quarter? I see them closing shop soon.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078