By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you expect the 360 to beat PS3 in December NPD as well?

No.

Black Friday showed us how well the PS3 can sell in a REAL holiday week.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

360 was impressive in November.  Depends on what type of promotions each company does.  "Deals" sell consoles during the holidays.  I think I give the slight edge to ps3 because MW2 came out in November which strongly favors the 360 in terms of console sales.  Shooter fans definitely seem to flock to the 360.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Don't know, it can go either way but the gap won't be big regardless of who takes it.

@raygun
NA is currently where the war is at so I disagree with those who thinks the thread is pointless.

It is not quite the same as asking "Will PS3 outsell x360 in Japan or Europe this month?".

Currently PS3 has those areas locked down that is why regardless of what happens in the US PS3 will win by an impressive margin worldwide.

PS3 is currently putting up a much better fight against x360 in NA than x360 is against PS3 in the rest of the world.

That's why it's interesting.

In America? Probably, we are in a recession you know. And, people are obsessed with buy now, pay later.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Darth Tigris said:
JaggedSac said:
It sounds like people were expecting the 360 to have sold more than PS3 in USA for November. I did not get that feeling.

You're right, people are just flipping the script or being quiet now that the NPD's are out and the 360 actually sold more.

And for those that think the 360 will sell less than the PS3 for NPD numbers in December . . . why?  I've seen some say that its because the 360 won't have MW2 launching or the Walmart deal, but what will the PS3 have to change the order in December?  This isn't about people wanting a PS3 but settling on the 360 because of a deal.  People are buying what they WANT.  And its obvious that, looking at the November NPD numbers, the console people wanted more was ... the Wii.

but what about the ps3 easily beating the 360 on black friday? that must mean the ps3 will outsell the 360 in december. lol its funny how people expect the 360 to win whilst at the moment the ps3 is beating the 360 in the us! take a look at the front page! either way, doesnt mean shit for sony, the ps3 sold more than half a million more than 360 in december and will be even more in december.

But NPD doesn't track Black Friday numbers seperately, and that's what is being discussed in this thread (hence the title).  Sony provided BF numbers, but MS didn't.  So to be honest we don't know what MS sold on BF.  Regardless of what the 360 or PS3 is selling worldwide (those numbers are even more unreliable), the NPD is about sales in the US and that's what we're talking about here.  And I still don't see any compelling evidence as to why the PS3 will outsell the 360 in the December NPD.

Around the Network

I'm sorry...but didn't BF's number count towards to last months...or am I missing something here.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon,

yeah, they were counted AND correct
that is why the problem come from the 360 sales BEFORE BF where the 360 was outselling the PS3 significatielly to explain the NPD datas (MW2 bundle or wallmart gift card)

now, i expect 360 to win in december because BF PS3 bundle are gone, because of the cheap arcade (as always) and because of the new wallmart deal on the elite sku

Time to Work !

libellule said:
heruamon,

yeah, they were counted AND correct
that is why the problem come from the 360 sales BEFORE BF where the 360 was outselling the PS3 significatielly to explain the NPD datas (MW2 bundle or wallmart gift card)

now, i expect 360 to win in december because BF PS3 bundle are gone, because of the cheap arcade (as always) and because of the new wallmart deal on the elite sku

Got it...Thanks.  M$ strategy for this holiday season was to make the most $$$ and to hold it's place in NA, so it looks like it's going to be mission complete.  Sony had a great strategy with those beautiful bundles (I was attempted...even if it was Data-style...for all your trekkies) but it's probably very costly to put those things out.  Sony should have push to get GT5 out this holiday season if they stood a chance.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

BHR-3 said:
i think ps3 will win look at BF sales we should get a good idea today wen the #s come up also

what ps3 did it

lol at carl needing to know more info to make a perdiction all u got to do is copy me man

some crow eating for some in here

Play Me

THE PS3 WON!!!!! but only buy 50k or so

no idea how to make this properly work