By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA CEO projected PS3 would be biggest, it put EA in a weak position

Talk about scapegoating...As the biggest software caompany at the time, shouldn't you have made sure you could support all 3 platforms?

(If this has already been posted, please link to story and close this thread)

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-ceo-betting-on-ps3-put-us-in-a-position-of-weakness/2/

"We made the call that PS3 was going to be bigger than the Wii, and we allocated resources accordingly. We got that wrong, and that put us in a position where we probably underinvested in our intellectual property and some of it went into a kind of wane period. What makes this all the harder, and harder on investors, is that we have to come, if you will, from a bit of weakness to rebuild our core and drive transition. So I get the skepticism."

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

EA has helped put Sega out of console business by not supporting the Dreamcast.

Am I to feel bad for them or something?

heruamon said:

Talk about scapegoating...As the biggest software caompany at the time, shouldn't you have made sure you could support all 3 platforms?

(If this has already been posted, please link to story and close this thread)

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-ceo-betting-on-ps3-put-us-in-a-position-of-weakness/2/

"We made the call that PS3 was going to be bigger than the Wii, and we allocated resources accordingly. We got that wrong, and that put us in a position where we probably underinvested in our intellectual property and some of it went into a kind of wane period. What makes this all the harder, and harder on investors, is that we have to come, if you will, from a bit of weakness to rebuild our core and drive transition. So I get the skepticism."

Where am I , is this 2007 again?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Well, everybody thought the PS3 was going to be number 1.

With limited resources you need to support the system you think will give you the biggest percentage of sales and they went with historical trends and over-supported the ps3.

I 100? agree with disolitude. EA can go die for all i care. So long as they release mass effect 2 first

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network
BoneyBoy said:
Well, everybody thought the PS3 was going to be number 1.

With limited resources you need to support the system you think will give you the biggest percentage of sales and they went with historical trends and over-supported the ps3.

They still believed this in late 2007...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

if thats really true then why was most of the early PS3 games ports ?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

disolitude said:
EA has helped put Sega out of console business by not supporting the Dreamcast.

Am I to feel bad for them or something?

is everyone blaming everyone else for Sega's own mistakes?

its Sega's mistake to release a console then release a new just after it , and then not support it and not care about piracy issues.

as much as i like Sega,  its Sega the one who got themselves out of the console business not anyone else.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

Errrr...because it take 3-4 years to develop a new IP...

Severance said:

Yeah, if EA was really projecting the ps3 to be the biggest, they certainly didn't show it...

Whatever, WHEN IN DOUBT BLAME THE PS3!!!