By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy bombs in Japan - only sells 130,000 on day 1

FIrst day TAKE INTO ACCOUNT FIRST DAY, WEEKDAY no less.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

@ John Lucas

The four hundred thousand preorders in America link you gave was a rumor, A. And B, who would wait to go and buy a game they pre-ordered a couple of days later.

The point of pre-ordering a game is so that you can play it on the first day. I don't ever remembering pre-ordering a game to play it later in the week.

DMeisterJ said:
John Lucas, we're talking about Japan, not America...

Read closely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy 

"It is currently the most preordered Wii software title, with 700,000 in Japan, and 400,000 in the U.S. placed through Gamestop stores.[4][5]"

The 700,000 IS in Japan. Japan only. The 400,000 is the U.S.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Does anyone know the first day sales of nintendogs, out of curiosity?

@ foolflexible

Since this games first day sales don't meet expectations, somehow the nubmer is wrong or may be wrong or maybe the source is wrong but I bet if it sold 1,000,000 in the first day, it'd be correct huh?

Also, ppl out there using wikipedia as a source... come on... you can do better than that.

@ Alexie Di Onie

And we've been having first day sales on fridays all the time and many other AAA titles have done well first day sales on the "week day" but now that it's SMG, we need to do first-day sales on the weekend? come on...

Around the Network

@ DmeisterJ - Sorry didn't mean any offense with 'fanboy' but I agree with you. People here shouldn't be so quick to get upset when someone points out a major franchase doesn't appear to be living up to expectations.

@ Alexie - 130k IS underperforming - expectations. Doesn't mean it won't have great sales overall. It'll probably kill any PS3 game sales. May make 5m lifetime in Japan, who knows. But I think we all expected a lot more than 130k first day. Thursday not withstanding, the first day is almost always the highest selling. Now Friday - Sunday may be a higher % of total weekly sales than usual, but it's unrealistic to expect them to be equal or higher. Overall, the week will almost certainly also come in lower than we had all thought.

@ John Lucas,

I know that the 700 k is for japan, I was saying why did you include the American numbers in there...

Off topic, are there Gamestops in Japan?

Back on topic, who preorders games to go pick them up not on the first day...?

Thank you Gamerace, your thread makes everything so crystal clear :)

Not a bomb. Not a spectacular showing. Just average. PS4 is biased. Sony fanboy.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

DMeisterJ said:
@ John Lucas

The four hundred thousand preorders in America link you gave was a rumor, A. And B, who would wait to go and buy a game they pre-ordered a couple of days later.

The point of pre-ordering a game is so that you can play it on the first day. I don't ever remembering pre-ordering a game to play it later in the week.

.... lol omg bull .....

don't forget the FF vs pokemon  FF > pokemon first day, rest of life time FF < pokemon

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.