By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Famitsu Review

So need for speed nitro got a 27/40, not good at all. I might not buy it then...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
"I have a bit of resistance calling this an "RPG-like RPG" however."

From what I have seen of the skill/leveling system I will agree with this, seems more in line with most actions games nowdays.

Actually, it's on par with the skills/levelling up systems of both FFX and FFXII, not action games.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^That comment was fake. Nobody said something like that in the review.

The first english translation was of fake Japanese comments. Go with the correct one.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Zucas said:
Great review score with some great comments from the reviewers about the experience. March can't come fast enough eh Darth.

Yeah zucas

The wait will be agonizing, thanks to module exams in Jan though, that month will go fast

February is the BIG problem (well I could buy WKC to ease the wait I guess)

I can't believe its only 3 months away now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Darth, Final Fantasy takes preference over anything come march xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
So it happened

39/40

FF13 is better than FF6, FF7, FF8 & FF9 according to famitsu

but FF12 is still the best

This makes me a bit worried since FFXII is my most hated...scratch that..my only hated main FF game.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
@Darth

The game will be awesome for us and for everyone who is expecting it Darth, no matter the score any magazine gives it ;) BTW, I beat you for the 8 days warning at the official thread :P

I know

It never really mattered what score FF13 would get.

I just hope maybe now people gain respect for famitsu for proving they are not just cheap sell outs that people thought them to be

One hyped game not getting the perfect score does not prove or disprove anything about Famitsu's reviewing integrity.

I personally think you're taking this so well because your hype for FFXIII was artificial in the first place. I swear I woke up one day and checked VGC only to find you'd caught Final Fantasy fever!

Bayonetta for Xbox360 is better than FFXIII confirmed lol XD

I am not Amused.

Boutros said:
jefforange89 said:
"Oh one thing we're all forgetting, no matter what score Famitsu is giving it, it's still going to be in the top 10, if not top 5, best selling games this generation. Or at least on the PS3 for definete. As is usual for FF games."

From the first comment on the Kotaku article.

Top 5 best selling games this generation, ololololol.

They are probably excluding the Wii...

Which still sounds ridiculous.

MW sold ~13m, W@W ~10m (not counting Wii version), MW2 ~10.5m (still selling tons), GTA IV ~13.5m, Halo 3 ~10.5m.
Then you have all the Wii games like Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit+, Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."