By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Famitsu Review

I think the reviewer who gave it a 9 did because he thought Famitsu had been losing a lil respect lately, giving 40s like there were no tomorrow and all. He must've have thought: "- Fuck! Another awesome game! But I can't give away another 10! We've given too many already! The other guys are probably gonna give it a perfect score too! This streak of 40s has to stop! I mean, 4 in 1 year?! The magazine's credibility is already shaken... somebody has got to do something! I'll just shave one point off. There... it's done. Of shit... I'm so sorry FFXIII... *sobbing* I'm sorry... oh God.... what have I done?!*shoots himself*.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network
Johann said:
I think the reviewer who gave it a 9 did because he thought Famitsu had been losing a lil respect lately, giving 40s like there were no tomorrow and all. He must've have thought: "- Fuck! Another awesome game! But I can't give away another 10! We've given too many already! The other guys are probably gonna give it a perfect score too! This streak of 40s has to stop! I mean, 4 in 1 year?! The magazine's credibility is already shaken... somebody has got to do something! I'll just shave one point off. There... it's done. Of shit... I'm so sorry FFXIII... *sobbing* I'm sorry... oh God.... what have I done?!*shoots himself*.

XD

The first person says:Beautiful graphics and superb story; direct result of a system that's evolved and reached perfection
The second person complains about the damage number that he cannot read correctly( i guess that guy spent most of his time playing with Vanille summon)
The third persons says: there's enough enjoyable content for you to last for a while with just this one game (which is what I think everyone is expecting from the game)
The fourth person says:he sense of satisfaction gained from playing the game is extremely good, and is something I've never experienced before.

I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of that 9, that guy is cleary not a RPG fan
because he is complaining about a RPG being a RPG like.

Akvod said:
Johann said:

XD

rofl i love that, omg im really really laughing hahaha

I think that the guy who gives the 9 actually already had his mind set from the beginning to give the game a 6 so that people can talk about him for the next 9 days before the release of the game. But he was so amazed by the game that everything in his head turned outside down and the 6 became a 9.

Around the Network

lol, I hate it when a damn game's story is dandy.

I wonder if it is also fine.

Maybe it's fine at some points, and dandy at others, but never both at once.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Soriku said:
WTH does dandy story even mean? O_o

In my best estimation, it means that the story contains at least one set of pert.....no, I better not.

I have no idea.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

One thing is that when Bayonetta got a 40/40 it didn't mean shit, and Famitsu sucked, and I must be joking to be happy about the damn score, because Famitsu reviews mean less than nothing.

And then, those same fanboys claim that FFXIII getting a 39/40 is somehow a negative reflection on the game.

Will someone, anyone, please explain that to me. It's pretty much most of you here, so I want to hear it. Why does it mean nothing to Bayonetta, but something to Final Fantasy XIII?

I'd speculate that because Famitsu hands out "so many" perfect scores lately, those cease to mean anything. I would retort that most of those games changed gaming to some extent, and that there are VERY few games that have EVER recieved a perfect score(isn't it about 13 of them?) from the magazine ever, and that it is still impossibly hard to get a perfect score from that magazine, as FFXIII has shown. You need a lot of luck. The magazine isn't a single score. It's 4 differing opinions about the same game, and no matter how good your game is, you have to be damn lucky for 4 different assholes to think it's perfect all at once.

I am amazed, after the Bayonetta reaction, that people who hate this magazine, are pretending that this matters to them. A M A Z E D at the level of hypocrisy and malevolence that takes to pull off.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

rccsetzer said:

Everybody had no doubts that story could be linear : unfortunately we will have disc change in some other platform. But, when everything is said and done, this game will be ultra marvelous. We will have to wait Final Fantasy XV for a real next gen experience.

lolwut?

Are you honestly blaming the 360 for the INCREDIBLY LOW SCORE that FF13 received or am I not understanding you?  Also, of course it will be marvelous, and of course FF15 will be the next gen experience - since 13 and 14 will be current gen.

Final Fantasy 15 - coming in 2015.  I expect I'll be too busy playing Duke Nukem Forever to notice.

Dissapointed!

Not happy with this at all.