By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to Best Buy in a few hours...Which of these games should I buy?

CoD is just bang bang bang. If you look below the surface there is plenty missing, but why would you! What I do love it is does populate these will really moving moments. I wouldn't say the airport level is the most harrowing, but when you are rappelling down in the last level (maybe 2nd last) and you stab that guy, and you see his vacant eyes just staring out, that moment alone does say a lot, and I wish that they did tone down the bang. They could have made the levels set in America that bit more moving if there hadn't been so much fighting. At points it did make you sit there silently in shock and awe, but it could have done more of that....

But the incredible MP makes up for any shortcomings in the campaign, bring on MW 3!

Around the Network

Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia and Dead Rising!

disolitude said:
bardicverse said:

Find a fence, climb halfway over it and then lose your grip, slamming your junk into the top bar of the fence - then you will experience Shaun White snowboarding without having to make the purchase.

lol. Damn, that sounds fun.

Most definitely! And you'll be able to hit high soprano notes too ;)

PoP is the only game i would ever buy out of that list.

wholikeswood said:
disolitude said:
wholikeswood said:
Just ME.

PoP is boring.

too late. we shall see. i thought Assasins creed 2 was really slow and thats made by ubisoft. Hopefully it is a bit more...action packed.

PoP is dreadfully action-anorexic.

You spend a couple of minutes getting to the focal point of a section. Then you have an inane boss fight. Then you have to retrace your steps collecting blue orbs, which basically doubles the game length just as DMC4's backtracking did.

But enjoy!

Well i played PoP for about an hour last night. And I hate it!

What is it with these games these days. Why are action elements so watered down and easy? Like I come from the old school of Streets of Rage/Final fight...twitch combat...and this BS of "push X now for Sword, push RT now for block"...is complet garbage to me.

Platforming is nice and visuals seem great (dont really care about them tho). Also story seems choerent but I dont care about that again. I want fun gameplay... Ninja Gaiden 2 makes this look like a game of musical chairs where there are more chairs than people playing.

Maybe that Conan game that came out 2 years ago wasn't so bad.

Around the Network

The list is so garbage so if it was me Dead Rising and Prince of Persia then choose between Tomb Raider and Mirrors Edge for your free game. Then take the rest of your sixty bucks and by Demon Souls or Uncharted 2.

cmeese47 said:
The list is so garbage so if it was me Dead Rising and Prince of Persia then choose between Tomb Raider and Mirrors Edge for your free game. Then take the rest of your sixty bucks and by Demon Souls or Uncharted 2.

Yeah, don't have PS3 right now. However keep in mind that I found sonic unleashed and Silent Hill homecoming more fun than Gears of War and Uncharted 1.

I'd rather play Raiden IV than MW2...etc. I'd rather paint walls than play assasins creed.

Metacritic really means shit to me as I have aquired taste in gaming. Sometimes these "shit" games can be more fun...

2 for 1 in Canada ? For the first time !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

mirrors edge and bionic commando. Don't ask questions, just go.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
mirrors edge and bionic commando. Don't ask questions, just go.

Too late...but I wish I got bionic commando instead of Prince of Persia.